Rough Sketch Senpai - Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Together

Fed-Kun's army
I actually think this is a pretty great ending. Continuing on with the premise would have led it to getting stale. While I wouldn’t be upset with continuing on to see how the next time they meet goes, at least ending it with her accepting her feeling and expressing them feels satisfying.

@tanteiii-kun
Pretty sure THAT isn’t the truth. Rather, love comedies as a whole have a serious issue in not letting the protagonists get into a relationship because it often ends up ruining the story (Basically the “Cheers” conundrum).
Harem stories have that same problem, only it gets multiplied by how many possible waifus there are. Committing to any single possibility risks upsetting fans. Furthermore, it gets tricky because you want to have a protagonist who is likeable, and if they are rapey or in a committed relationship and yet still romancing other people, it gets more difficult to make them likeable.

Dex-chan lover
yes! she did it!, and i felt like i knew that painting from somewhere then it hit me:
Its from elfen lied!
1wTkxPE.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
It's the Disney malady. People raised on Disney expect an explicitly happy ending. I actually much prefer this kind of ending where you can think about what might happen after all this. I feel it's the final gift from the author to allow you to create the "head canon" or what you think how it may have ended. Give yourself permission to create the happiest ending from everything the author has set out for you until now. Or create for yourself a tragic, unfulfilled ending if you so choose. I personally think it's great that I can make it what I want it to be, after passively absorbing the story until now. And it's fun for the fans to compare and argue about which of their head canon makes the most sense, is the nicest, or more tragic, etc.

Sometimes, the author leaves it too much up in the air. And as with everything, sometimes they don't do it well. But I think with this one, he's provided a direction where it's most likely headed, and most head canon will flow to that direction. But there's still enough for it to go the other way if those fans want it that way. In many ways, this is perfect. Because even the happiest ending can't satisfy all the fans because it's static and the fans' tastes are varied and even malleable.

All it takes is you giving yourself permission to create the ending you want. Use your imagination. Japanese fans are used to it.

That was a pretty nice journey,
pretty much the perfect length too imo

Fed-Kun's army
This was a great read, kinda wish we had an after story where he chases after her to get her phone number or something or maybe an omake where both of them are making a New Year shrine visit together.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darklight99 What i meant is that i wish they had each others contact info that way they can set up plans to spend the Christmas and New Years break together.
Since we see from the first page of the chapter that the semester is over meaning that they wont see each other for nearly a solid month.

Double-page supporter
Even if you say it ended on good terms lets not gloss over the fact that it got CANCELLED it didnt end because the author had finished it, it finished because he was told to do it. Legit this had 15 chapters more like we were only in summer so its obvious that a Christmas was supposed to happen or some more development of what they are gonna do in the future. 15 chapters more could make the ending sweeter (while remaining the same even) and the author still had a lot of art eras to choose from like have eda try out cubism for example.

This certainly ended better than his other work Yuki to Sumi which was just as good but got canned.

Onio (The author) has had already 3 series cancelled, all of them about high-school life with ecchi undertones but with unique and memorable girl protagonists and yet fuckin japan still loves more to pander and goble mediocre shit like Komi San (look at the last 100 chapters and tell me its not a glorified 4koma) or the most cliched run of the mill school ecchi manga (like rental girlfriend, amazing concept with the shittiest mc and cliched chapters).

If you know Japanese get the word out there on twitter. Good manga like this shouldnt end because it didn't get extremely popular. His 3 cancelled works deserve 10 more chapters and a proper ending (in the case for this one it can stay exactly the same tbh).

I hate that i didnt know about this manga until recently. Its a damn shame.

Users who are viewing this thread