Rough Sketch Senpai

I hope the mangaka finds more success because I really do enjoy his writing and art style.

Dex-chan lover
I believe something fishy went on with this author.

His first work, was cancelled after 27 chapters. That doesn't seem too unusual. It does say volumes about the general public, if something of this quality wasn't well received, but it's happened before.

But the other two were cancelled after 11 and 17 chapters. That's way too soon even for the sales figures to come in and justify the axe.

Maybe there were office politics involved? Perhaps someone didn't want him being published, while someone else pushed to keep him in print.

That would explain burnout and his twitter silence since 2018.

Just a thought.

I've read all of Onio's works and all of them had potential. I'm really mad right now cause all of it ended too soon. I just hope Onio gets another serialization.

Everything pretty much said in the coments below. Great manga overall, great supp chars (specially the prez), and a great and sweet-but-realistic ending.

Goddam Im developing a gyaru fetish!! 😍

Dex-chan lover
Why do they cancell this man's work, i've seen 3 cancelled now

I'll be honest, I didn't think this was that good. There have been other manga about a guy drawing a girl for art practice that are a lot better. The guy didn't even feel like a character, he was almost like a robot whose only characteristic was to draw all day long. He almost rarely showed any emotions, so it seemed super one-sided with no real development until the rushed ending in a single chapter.

d0v

It's an absolute tragedy this was canceled. The art is great, the writing laugh-out-loud funny and sweet, and the characters are fantastic. This is a slice of life that deserved a 100+ chapter life. I hope Onio doesn't give up.

Fed-Kun's army
So this is basically just "Don't tease me nagatoro-san" but with a chad mc and not a pussy one

Group Leader
I believe something fishy went on with this author.

His first work, was cancelled after 27 chapters. That doesn't seem too unusual. It does say volumes about the general public, if something of this quality wasn't well received, but it's happened before.

But the other two were cancelled after 11 and 17 chapters. That's way too soon even for the sales figures to come in and justify the axe.

Maybe there were office politics involved? Perhaps someone didn't want him being published, while someone else pushed to keep him in print.

That would explain burnout and his twitter silence since 2018.

Just a thought.
It is an interesting thought, however, all 3 of their works began serialisation on the same year (2016). This means the author had to work on 3 different mangas, with 3 different monthly magazines, at the same time for about 1 year or so. I honestly think it's just a simple case of burnout, but hey, I'm just shooting more shots in the dark.
About the manga, it's a great read! This comment section is also probably the only one where every commentor is agreeable and reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread