Route End - Vol. 8 Ch. 54 - The End Of The Beginning

Double-page supporter
Yeah, you're not alone about having mixed feelings about the ending.

Double-page supporter
I always feel a bit robbed when stories randomly add supernatural explanations at the end, but overall I liked the end. I feel like there’s some underlying symbolism I’m missing between Ezaki and Tachibana. Also I was hoping Taji and the detective would get together but realistically that probably wasn’t going to happen given how the case ended up.

Dex-chan lover
So he was a god like man, anyway interesting ending it tied as much as it could, however who was the girl next to the brother at their reunion on page 66, she is too young to be the detective or the wife, or really any character we have seen so far.

Dex-chan lover
Mmmm..... alright, I think it works. I don't have a very strong feeling one way or another. Things get wrapped up in a .... sort of real life way, apart from spooky dude. We see fleeting glimpses of the characters simply... moving on.

I get a slightly rushed vibe from it, despite 70+ pages, but no real complaints on how it all concluded. A good read overall, and I quite liked Igarashi.

Ok tbh what the heck is with sudden super natural crap (?) or the author was just confused with his own shit so he tried ending it with whatever bullcrap that came to his mind(?) and sadly that the overall performance of the investigation stuff was way to weak compared to other detective mystery stories at best an average read nothing special

Fed-Kun's army
This ending was ok, I suppose. The supernatural explanation for the 'god' character is not something I'm comfortable with, considering how every other aspect of this series was so grounded in reality. I wonder if it was intentional, like it was alluded in this chapter, or if the author wrote himself into a corner and used the supernatural as a get-out-of-jail card.

Ending feels anticlimactic and rushed, there are so many characters that where introduced but in the end contributed nothing. Also the conclusion of some characters is plain bad , MC still does not know how much of a deranged freak his brother is.

Dex-chan lover
Author even lampooned himself by having Ezaki say in-universe that Tachibana-san would be an asspull if he was a character in a work of fiction. Glad it's finally over, but what a meh ending:
1) the reasons why Masato refuses to see Taji are not really explored, and Masato instead is shown to finally get his redemption from seeing Tachibana-san again, as a proper old man this time
2) author chickened out from having Igarashi properly hook up with Taji and instead only gave us lame implications that they will finally get together only after they both are middle-aged
3) not sure why he chose Yuta as the POV character in that epilogue, literally anyone else would have been better
4) why should Tachibana kill Ezaki anyway? and where did Ezaki's corpse go to?
5) the Igarashi brother angle is completely wasted and merely handwaved away by Ezaki in a few panels, it's obvious from this alone that the final chapters were entirely different to what the author originally envisioned

Contributor
I always hate to see an otherwise great series ruined by a rushed ending.

is there no 54.5 then? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, well it had it's moments. Also please don't blow up the images to 200% size when you do other series it looks like shit xd thanks

Power Uploader
The ending is kinda muddled. The element of supernatural, or something, comes out of the blue.

Supporter
I’m sorta ok with the ending. A bit unsatisfied, but I can live with it. Not the worst ending I’ve ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread