Rubelia Okoku Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Change in Daily Life

Group Leader
No you know what fuck it. Change is swift let him be radical and destroy everything dab on dem nobles

Group Leader
@Ninja monarchies and dictatorships are two different things lmao. Even then, dictatorships aren't always all bad, it just depends on who sits there as the dictator. A tyrant is more than likely a dictator, but a dictator isn't always a tyrant. And like I said, monarchies are extremely risky. That's why we shifted to democracy for risk management at the cost of many other things.

Besides, how are you going to explain the many golden ages of various civilizations if monarchies are all bad? How are you going to explain the corruption of current politicians if democracy is all good? To say the least, my own country's president was elected cause too many idiots, aka, citizens, had power. Voted without thinking and now we have a trash on our president's seat. Heck she doesn't even recognize her own country...

Also, you do realize we still have monarchies even now right? I'm in no sense supporting UK, I don't like her and never will, but they do have the most famous of the royal families remaining. You think they are a dictatorship?

Dex-chan lover
@reanseih
The monarchies you are talking about are parliamentary democracies with some ceremonial window dressing. Also the typical monarchy of the past is a hereditary dictatorship. The golden ages weren't all that golden for the common person and mainly it was luck if you got competent leadership since there was no choice -- and that is a fatal flaw. A leader should be accountable to the people which monarchs of old were not.

Group Leader
@Ninja I understand monarchies nowadays are not the same as the past. They may be ceremonial nowadays however monarchies are by definition a state with a monarch that serves until abdication or death. Constitutional monarchies to be exact. I might be oversimplifying things but the same goes with your definition of golden ages. Even for the common people, a stable government means more jobs, less crimes, and enough food. Even for dictatorships, a country is comprised mostly of citizens after all, a monarch would not be called competent for only serving the upper class. A tyrant would not treat people as his responsibility, but a monarch should. Like I said, it is risky. But with risk does come a certain amount of rewards.

Do politicians really serve people nowadays? They come and go. With only a few years on their seat, most serve their party or family, or worse yet their own pockets. Not the citizens. Well, maybe you can call them citizens? They're just, 1% of the common people though. There's no incentive. No responsibility. It's not like they would get much back if they served the country loyally. Not to mention nowadays just about anyone can take the seat. Those with no background in politics bring along their amateur views and skills into the field can be just as dangerous. Sure it's not easy, but education is not a requirement. Especially with those that have enough money or an influence (rich) family to support them. Besides, to get your presidential seat, you inevitably have to rely on rich businessman, who expect to be paid back with policies favouring them.

Corruption is present all throughout history, today is not an exception. Pros and cons to everything. I'm not saying monarchies are all good, I'm just saying you're being a bit too biased. In any case tho, I don't believe comments of a manga is the place to have a lengthy argument on politics. If you still want to continue this, I welcome private messages.

I get the ex-crown prince's complaints but he is so dumb. The way he went about it was so stupid 😂. If only he was smart and calculating he would've stood a chance. Poor guy.
Author really said "Not that kind of otome-like story" haha

Fed-Kun's army
Man, feel bad for the both of them.

Thank you so much for scanlating this!

Ohhh so refreshing to see this kind of plot but with the supposed “villainess” winning while the cheating dumb prince and his bitch got kicked out instead

Although, so suddenly crowning someone who practically lived all his life as a commoner, albeit of noble blood, to be a future monarch left me kinda reeling. Feeling bad for both of them. I’m looking forward to how it would unfold

Double-page supporter
@shionlee
Doesn't it look like the Villainess will take charge for the most part? If the Emperor and empress went through so much just to have her as empress ita fairly obvious she's the one they want.

@Darkmeep you're right. alois is probably just there to pacify the nobles by saying that someone with royal blood is on the throne. also it doesn't look like alois is even interested in ruling to begin with. bet the emperor and empress chose elina to be the idiot crown prince's fiance bcs he is obviously inadequate to be emperor

Double-page supporter
@shionlee
I decided to read the novel using the raw link provided on the manager home page. It's not too bad but it gets a little dramatic the way the love develops.

It's probably going to be better in manga form since they'll cut out the boring and unnecessary parts.

The webnovel is unrefined and kind of boring but I'm sure the manga will delete the parts that drag on.

Dex-chan lover
looking at page 16, i like that sort of things, seeing how some ideas that'd be normal for us would be completelly rejected even by the MC
more than monarchy and pretty dresses, that really sells that we are in a different era/world with different ideals

Dex-chan lover
You know, this comment page has one of the most civil discussion about Political structure I've seen in the internet.
And of all places, it came from a comment page about a romance manga.

Double-page supporter
It's fine, sack him. There's no way a king would ever give up his privileges for equality anyway. Every time they've done that it has been to save their lives.

Equality is fundamentally a problem of power, and the only way to truly distribute power is through a bottom-up approach. Higher classes do not give up power, lower classes have to take it away.

Double-page supporter
@yuzuyuzu Less modern than you think. At the end of the day, nobody proclaims the annulment of a marriage in a party. There's faux pax and then there's throwing any pretense of social reputation and due process out the window. The prince deciding to do that was a massive exploitation of his privilege as royalty, and reveals how he only views equality as a means to get what he wants. Tyrants abusing their authority can trace their history farther back than we've written down.
Yeah I feel like his actual error was having an overly simplistic idea of how politics work. Like he had a lot of power as a crown prince but he clearly didn't have enough power to offend his ex- fiancee's family like that.

Users who are viewing this thread