Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
The husband being a piece of shit was expected, but I didn't expect the awfulness being so clearly showed in his freaking debut chapter. Midori not being able to move on from a "magical romance that ended badly" is, sadly, more realistic than people care to believe.

@Madmac It's been established that Midori is an idiot, or at the very least book dumb, so she may be ignorant about contraceptions and/or was convinced by the guy to let him do it inside.

Double-page supporter
Just wow, putting your love life on hold and then finding out the love of your life is getting married. Mad at both of them. Grow a dann spine, neither deserve the mental abuse. Eff this series, romance like this passes me off because one wants to have the nostalgia of the past and the other can't let it go. Stick a fork in me, I'm done......

Dex-chan lover
The personality of the MC trigger me so much. Why don't we have a bad ass MC in situations like this.

Dex-chan lover
@Madmac I've seen instances of the pill mentioned in manga and hentai, but yeah
maybe it's just to show Midori's naivety
also, the husband sucks

Fed-Kun's army
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

fuck this shit.

Fed-Kun's army
Lol, not only is the husband a jerkwad, he's indifferently drawn. I'm gonna make a guess and say that our mangaka is probably lesbian -- and not bisexual.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man. This is so Japanese culture tho.
Not wanting to stick out so you go the traditional wife route. Cause you gotta 'grow up' and.. Damn this is some sad shite.
She's not being mistreated directly but damn.

Oh my God, can someone just rip this guy's narcisistic spine out of his body? That level of stupidity and toxic behavior can give cancer to anyone nearby.
I hate sexists like him, who insult women to lower their self-steem in a attempt to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives. They dont even have the guts to say their crap without attempting to hide their contemp as a joke, but imbeciles are just that spineless. It makes me sick.

And Midori, as much of a victim as she is, still pull Maki along with her into a clearly uncomfortable situation - and in a way - kind of emulating the same gaslighting acts as her defense mechanism.
Lets not fool ourselves. She is using Maki. Even by japanese distorted logic of "we can do gay stuff until the moment we graduate because its only a mistake of youth, after that, we have to 'straight up' or we shall be the shame of our family"; she is an adult, so she can't be doing gay stuff, specially now.
I understand the context and I know she is a victim, but by doing those things, she is not only "trying the waters" with Maki to gauge how much she loves her, but she is also stringing Maki along.
Maki could help her(as we saw in this chapter) and Midori didnt need to resort to those tatics. That is a low blow, to take advantage of someone's feelings of love to make them easier to manipulate.

Normally, I love Josei Yuri stories over the usual yuri, but I still dont know how I feel about this one.

I'm gonna make a guess and say that our mangaka is probably lesbian -- and not bisexual.

With all due respect, your comment make it seem like a mangaka who is a lesbian is somehow worse than who isnt one merely because she isnt a man or isnt interested in having a relationship with one. That could be interpreted as a misoginistic way of thinking(maybe that wasnt your intention). Please dont take what I said in the wrong way. Sometimes we emulate toxic behaviors without noticing.

The guy is intentionally drawn to not only be a moron, but also isnt any kind of prince charming. He is a common looking guy, but probably one who must love to have a trophy wife as a leverage to brag to his mates on how manly he is to have gotten together with a pretty girl. Perhaps this was done with a social critic in mind.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah you are a coward Maki but like its understandable i guess, you've been loving her for years sure but you just met her again after 10 years and things are way different now.

Uh oh, it does indeed seem like Midori is pushing herself to act a "normal" womes life happiness, like i do believe she wants to be a wife but it seems like she wants the other person to be a woman, i guess her family pushed her to marry and start pumping out kids and thats why she let herself get pregnant?

Or she was talked into it by this massive douche? Wtf man, Midori are you crazy? This asshole is already treating you like that before marriage and you wanna go through with it? Wow i dont remember the last time a mangaka got me to hate someone so much with just a couple lines of dialogue, this man just thinking too highly of himself.....

God i already cant wait for Maki to take her away.

And yeah it also seems like Midori is also gay but is pushing it down and seeing the girl she used to ? Still also loves even maybe? Put a chink in her act and she was able to get her true feelings out, thats what it feels like to me.

How you just gonna give up and accept such a shitty marriage? Dreams are dreams my ass.

Pregnant already though ? Like damn thats a lot to take in for Maki .... like that complicates things even more.

I also cant help but feel thats a lot to drop on Maki just like that and she seems to be doing it intentionally with the intent for Maki to take her away, she was pretty happy to learn she was still a lesbian and all .... Im i looking too much into things ? I mean she could also just want someone to vent to since everyone else is just congratulating her without really looking at her ....

But its also her own life, she can back away from this deal at any second, just need the balls to do it.

Haha 2 chaps in and already a lot of depth to this characters no?

Yeah you are a coward Maki but like its understandable i guess, you've been loving her for years sure but you just met her again after 10 years and things are way different now.

Uh oh, it does indeed seem like Midori is pushing herself to act a "normal" womes life happiness, like i do believe she wants to be a wife but it seems like she wants the other person to be a woman, i guess her family pushed her to marry and start pumping out kids and thats why she let herself get pregnant?

Or she was talked into it by this massive douche? Wtf man, Midori are you crazy? This asshole is already treating you like that before marriage and you wanna go through with it? Wow i dont remember the last time a mangaka got me to hate someone so much with just a couple lines of dialogue, this man just thinking too highly of himself.....

God i already cant wait for Maki to take her away.

And yeah it also seems like Midori is also gay but is pushing it down and seeing the girl she used to ? Still also loves even maybe? Put a chink in her act and she was able to get her true feelings out, thats what it feels like to me.

How you just gonna give up and accept such a shitty marriage? Dreams are dreams my ass.

Pregnant already though ? Like damn thats a lot to take in for Maki .... like that complicates things even more.

I also cant help but feel thats a lot to drop on Maki just like that and she seems to be doing it intentionally with the intent for Maki to take her away, she was pretty happy to learn she was still a lesbian and all .... Im i looking too much into things ? I mean she could also just want someone to vent to since everyone else is just congratulating her without really looking at her ....

But its also her own life, she can back away from this deal at any second, just need the balls to do it.

Haha 2 chaps in and already a lot of depth to this characters no?
"everyone else is just congratulating her without really looking at her" this shit so real and painful. I can relate, it feels like you have everyone on your surroundings and unfortunately, not every single one of them is genuine towards you and plus your husband is an a$$hole. 🤦🏻

Users who are viewing this thread