Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Fucking hell, mate. i have no words.

Group Leader
Alright, I've read enough to realize the husband isn't wrong about her - Midori is DUMB!
She had someone she loved, threw that relationship away because she "grew up", and now she's getting married to a guy she doesn't love because she got pregnant with his child while still harboring feelings for her ex whom she keeps flirting with and trying to convince herself she's an adult.

She grew up in age only, her maturity level is the same as when she was portrayed in high school, only she grew to have a pessimistic view of the world and conflates that with being an adult!
Honestly, she reminds me a lot of the teacher from Domestic na Kanojo and encompasses nearly all the traits I disliked about her!

Dex-chan lover
This is like gay Heartbroken Chocolatier. Hopefully it has a happier ending.

Dex-chan lover
Midori is...... a weak willed person, but i do understand where shes coming from though lots of people just throwing shade at her without looking at the bigger picture, shes in Japan and all the stuff that gays have to deal with there, shes thinking she has to fulfill societal expectations which is stupid but we all do them anyways dont just easily throw out a "leave with her" or whatever, put yourself in that situation its fucking scary to just leave everything behind and start anew, also shes pregnant and thats a biigggggg thing as well, like im surprised AF shes pregnant, like im still thinking shes gonna lose the baby or abort it or something.

Im glad they both heard each other but damn that ending was brutal.

I do really think Midori was looking for Maki cuz shes also been unable to forget her.

As someone who is Asian I relate to the 'live a het life' so deeply. I'm gay but I set a cap that when I hit a certain age and still don't find a suitable same-sex partner, I'll just settle for option B, which is to live the het life. I suppose some western readers don't relate to the societal pressure like us who still live in a conservative society. The reason I broke up with someone was because of this, her parents will never in a million years accept our relationship and I didn't want to give her a shitty time in the future.

Anyway, this manga is breaking me with simping over someone for years and then finding out I might have a chance...except they're getting married and pregnant. That's fucked. Cut your losses and move on.

Dex-chan lover
ok so just a question, did the idiots in the comments read the title or the first chapter of the manga? it should be clear she'll cheat lmao

midori’s such a jerk she knows what she was doing asking her to go wedding dress shopping. just full on taking advantage of her. im gonna drop this

Users who are viewing this thread