Ruri Dragon - Ch. 16 - The Upsides of Dragonhood

Dex-chan lover
Truly, the real dragon powers were the friends she made along the way...
Also, I'd say that quick healing and probably generally higher durability is a pretty big plus.
I'm guessing that the fact that no secret gov institution has tried to capture her for testing implies that the gov already knows about the existence of demi-humans.
Don't remember exactly, but I do seem to remember that it was implied that there are more cases. I guess just rare enough that most people aren't aware of it. Or perhaps people know of it being a thing, but have never met one, so they're still surprised, but not THAT surprised. Don't remember it being expanded on much.

Dex-chan lover
Really nice and chill. The dialogue feels...well, I won't say natural, but it feels like actual dialogue which is quite nice. Feels like Ruri is already looking at life from a more mature perspective.

Dex-chan lover
Truly, the real dragon powers were the friends she made along the way...
Also, I'd say that quick healing and probably generally higher durability is a pretty big plus.

Don't remember exactly, but I do seem to remember that it was implied that there are more cases. I guess just rare enough that most people aren't aware of it. Or perhaps people know of it being a thing, but have never met one, so they're still surprised, but not THAT surprised. Don't remember it being expanded on much.
I am almost sure more demi-humans will pop up later for new jokes and mayhem.

0ri

Double-page supporter
is the talk about the setting meant as a "yo there's not gonna be any fights" or as ominous foreshadowing 🤔

Dex-chan lover
People have tried to question the shonen status of this manga, but Ruri has already turned one "arc villain" into her close nakama through narutotherapy and continues to move on, gradually forming a circle of friends around herself, lmao.

is the talk about the setting meant as a "yo there's not gonna be any fights" or as ominous foreshadowing 🤔
Well, the author has clearly been trying to draw our attention to Ruri and Maeda's relationship for some reason for several chapters. Right down to a chapter half made up of characters trying to emphasize "how well they get along now."

I am almost sure more demi-humans will pop up later for new jokes and mayhem.
I don’t know how many demi-humans there are in their world and whether they will appear in the story in the future, but Ruri’s final conversation with Maeda clearly implies some kind of lore. It's like a minority person trying to talk honestly to people about their differences.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The vice president is cute, I like her~ but my favorite is Ruri's best friend, she's very fluffy... Well I think they all look pretty cool.
I wonder what the mom wanted to say, it would've been a perfect opportunity for a cliffhanger reveal.

"One wrong move would make me a monster" that line was really serious too, hopefully not foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t know how many demi-humans there are in their world and whether they will appear in the story in the future, but Ruri’s final conversation with Maeda clearly implies some kind of lore. It's like a minority person trying to talk honestly to people about their differences.
By Application of Chekhov's Gun, Yuka is a Demi-Goddess because of a sarcastic quip from Ruri.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
okay, <autism mode>

BSsM9xx[1].png

So they DO know they're called "twintails"... why the FUCK did they put "pigtails"............. Pigtails (the short side tails) are what Erika from Akebi-chan has (before she did the ikemen ponytail look). Twintails are the longer side tails like what Airi currently has in that picture.....
</autism mode>

See also, this was a really good chapter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread