Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Does Timeless have a history of dropping stuff that gets official pickups when they're this far ahead? Because even if J-Novel releases 3 chapters a month it'll still take a year before they catch up.

Also screw this "official" translation for romanizing Aruna as "Alna". That sounds terrible to say.
I joined their discord, and they have a channel for things that they have dropped and a few have the reason of "The manga got licensed by X" :(

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I joined their discord, they do drop stuff that gets licensed it looks like. :(

Shit. That blows. 1) j-novel looks like they only allow the first volume to be read without buying into their silly "coins" scheme and 2) even a brisk pace will take forever to catch up to where we are. Plus I'm concerned that they're going to make a bunch of questionable choices in character/noun names given that we've already seen them go with "Alna".

I hope someone else picks up the leading edge of translating on this if Timeless does drop, though I don't hold out much hope that it will be up to their normal level of quality. We'd probably get some garbage MTL sniper group that churns out non-proofread junk.

I'm actually a bit shocked that a western distributor even picked this up in the first place. I would've thought that the age gap between Dias and Aruna, and the fact that she's canonically 15 would've scared them all off.

Dex-chan lover
I joined their discord, they do drop stuff that gets licensed it looks like. :(
Well suck. Looks like I'm going to be reading this on an aggregator site that rips it off of their site/app. I'm fine with reading official releases, but hate it when they have some nasty scheme like coins where they overcharge you to read.

Dex-chan lover
Well suck. Looks like I'm going to be reading this on an aggregator site that rips it off of their site/app. I'm fine with reading official releases, but hate it when they have some nasty scheme like coins where they overcharge you to read.
Yeah I’m 100% going to rip this if they are using that kind of crappy monetization. No way I’m doing that. I buy plenty of my manga through Amazon as the official volumes release, but this is crap.

Contributor
Shit. That blows. 1) j-novel looks like they only allow the first volume to be read without buying into their silly "coins" scheme and 2) even a brisk pace will take forever to catch up to where we are. Plus I'm concerned that they're going to make a bunch of questionable choices in character/noun names given that we've already seen them go with "Alna".

I hope someone else picks up the leading edge of translating on this if Timeless does drop, though I don't hold out much hope that it will be up to their normal level of quality. We'd probably get some garbage MTL sniper group that churns out non-proofread junk.

I'm actually a bit shocked that a western distributor even picked this up in the first place. I would've thought that the age gap between Dias and Aruna, and the fact that she's canonically 15 would've scared them all off.
JNC isn’t that bad, actually. They have a paid membership where you can catch up with ongoings, so you don’t have to worry about coins. They’re also one of the few publishers out there who provide DRM-free series, which is always a plus.

As to why they picked it up… I mean, Alna’s 15, but it’s not like they’re sleeping together. And according to the head of JNC, the LN is also licensed by an integrated publisher.

Edit: Can’t forget the most important part: you can choose how many coins to purchase. They’re not like microtransactions.

Dex-chan lover
Weird to see so much hate towards JNC, albeit naive hate... The coins, if anything, are a perk that comes with the subscription which allows you a considerable amount of content for cheap; Read multiple titles for what's currently in translation and full series on catch up months, etc. Then if you're strictly buying the coins, you get bonus content on a good amount of their titles, or specific volumes. Will admit that I'm not 100% on the manga side, but for light novels this is true.
Edit: Notable tidbit I forgot, but their titles aren't exclusively purchased by coins. They're all most platforms of note such as bookwalker, Amazon, and a couple others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread