Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

In fairness @Anitvenomz the argument wasn't that they should have died, but rather that the situation the children were in was created solely to have the MC engage in some 'moral slavery'. I disagree with the conclusion as I suspect the situation was contrived to accomplish two things, A: Let him adopt children despite there not being an orphanage anywhere nearby, B: Let us see how he responds to slavery when it's in front of him (to lay some ground work in the future). If they begin acting like slaves instead of adopted children, then the criticism against the author (not the MC) would have a place, but I'm pretty sure this contrivance was to basically designed to have a 'traveling orphanage' rather than 'moral slavery', which the former isn't bending over backwards to give the author/audience something to enjoy that doesn't make sense given the characters and story.

Dex-chan lover
i'm surprised they freaked out so much over the merchant being a frogman, with 20 years on the battlefield you would think that he would have seen at least one before, even granny freaked out

@suzubelle

well he paid a fair enough price. plus he sees them as '' partners/more profit '' in the future

he s just a pure merchant. instead of ripping them off for short profit he'll pay a fair amount so he can trade more in the future which he hopes it s more profitable

believable character, this frog.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the frog was spotty morality-wise, but if he was lying Aruna’s horn would have shown that. I think we’re going to get more light shed on the Demi-human situation soon. For instance, who this beast king is and his/her stance on humans, as well as the obviously integrated society Dias is creating. Also...
There does indeed seem to be some kind of conflict going on. The next two chapters sees him meet with what looks like a normal human who then transforms into an elephant. Can’t tell if he’s the beast king or one of his vassals, but he seems to be leading an uprising; and he’s got a sizable enterouge. He is quite impressed with Dias and his convictions./spoiler]

orp

That has got to be the cartooniest frog I've seen in a manga.

Dex-chan lover
I thought he'd force the merchant to free the girls and tell him to never come back, good wifey chilled the berserker xD

Group Leader
It's sad that it's actually a little refreshing to see an isekai/fantasy protagonist that's staunchly against slavery.

Dex-chan lover
Offers to sell children that's dressed and dirty like slaves.
"They're not slaves!"

Also the most convenient way to give an MC children without hand holding scenes.

Dex-chan lover
9b5aqp.png

He is but a humble merchant.

@Amarrez
It's sad that it's actually a little refreshing to see an isekai/fantasy protagonist that's staunchly against slavery.

I know right? The number of authors that try to get away with a "oh he's a good master so its fine!" while hand waving the entire culture behind it, often while showing other slaves in miserable positions, is really annoying. Maybe its something to do with japanese culture, but I've always disliked it.

Users who are viewing this thread