Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
I see that Klaus now doubles as court jester also. Glad to see the author included him for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
As others have said, before we had good understanding of sanitation, alcohol was a simple way of providing drinks which are safe and the side effects would be worth it.
Onis could have a constitution that handles alcohol much better. It's pretty funny seeing Aruna being quite the alcoholic.

Definitely don't give alcohol to human babies or pregnant mothers. Well, it's never good. We can handle it to eat fruits that have gotten too ripe but it's something that should be avoided and consumed in small quantities if unavoidable.

I want to like Aruna, but she's just so pushy. I can't stand her. Everything else about this manga is great, but Aruna...

Double-page supporter
I chose the wrong month to start reading this manga... Since it looks like shit's gonna go down in the next chapter...

Fed-Kun's army
I wish it would pick up the pace, and maybe go just a little faster

@Goldenzeal the raw for chap 16
proves all of your points.

@Halo the raw for chap 16 is out and in it
one "large size" will join all the small size dog people.

Dex-chan lover
@dreamyrobot @TheFunkyMonkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2twstQcg0RE look at 6:05 timestamp, in traditional japanese archery they let their bow swing around as a result of the force of releasing the arrow, in a very brief moment it will looks like the bow is pointing towards the archer when it's rotating.

Dex-chan lover
F8wgZiu.png

Haven't seen a pigeon that looked so posh and dignified since Hattori from One Piece.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair alcohol was something even babies drank during the middle ages (or maybe far back) due to you know no clean water beer and wine was the next best thing of course humans back then had no idea that boiling water and that alcohol kills off bacteria but hey as long as I can make dirty water into drinkable alcohol things will be fine.

And alcohol around these times were like small percentage compared to today were we age them a bit increasing the alcohol content.

@DragonRider45 it does have an effect though idk about the Japanese version but I assume it works the same holding the bow in a more relaxed and letting it drop or move around makes aim better.

https://youtu.be/52GAenDvimU

Group Leader
You stop growing and your brain stops maturing around 25, not 18. Really people shouldn't make a habit of drinking or drink in large amounts until they're 25. Well, you really shouldn't do either of those ever, but especially before 25. A a tiny little bit isn't gonna hurt anyone aside babies though.
Also, did they just say they were going to share the wine with the dog people? That..... sounds like a bad idea.

Group Leader
Oh, kumis (кумыс). As a person from Kazakhstan🇰🇿, I know very well what is it. Lovely fermented horse milk. It's our national drink though.
It's very healthy and everyone can drink it. And, I can say, it's tasty (?). But for unprepared person the taste will be too strong.
Ah, also it's not so alcoholic as you can imagine. About 1% or less

Like @greatninja3 said.
It makes no sense to have a 18+ alcohol rule in a medieval society, because water was generally not safe to drink. Fermenting it into ale (or wine for the richer folks) made it safe to drink, because the fermenting starves out a lot of the microorganisms and the resulting alcohol kills the rest of them.

Bad water was how people got dysentery and cholera. Alcohol might not be good for you (we know now) but at least it wouldn't make you shit yourself to death.

Dex-chan lover
@BlackHoleEyes well I can assume why humans in this setting would have this rule it’s probably because of the existence of magic making clean water easier to get but compared to the horn people who has no way of getting it cause the place they are living in seems to drain magic from the land.

That’s probably why drinking water from that place is dangerous too if you think about it the whole place is cursed.

what probably surprises me the most in this chapter was..... the granny in the background that just so casually use a bow to shoot down the birds... casually....

Users who are viewing this thread