Ryuu Kusari no Ori

@Adaxt965
No, Ken and Lisa WERE Dating, they were a real couple, but due to Lisa developing a phobia/trauma towards the opposite sex (she couldn't do any kind of romantic contact with the opposing sex) he never got to come close and personal with her, she was rejecting any kind of contact, he didn't even get to Kiss her after going through all that trouble, he never got to do anything with her, he just got to take the title of her Boyfriend without achieving anything else with her other than having her close to him. It is stated that Lisa did fall in love with him (Ken), though we can safely say it is because she felt reaaallly hurt from "Nozomu's" betrayal and Ken is the only other person she knew for as long as she knew Nozomu, also he was there to take advantage of the oportunity he created and stand by her side to console her when she was going through her breakdown phase due to being heartbroken by Nozomu's betrayal, and used it to make her Fall in Love with him. (For those that haven't read previous spoilers, the actual cheating was Ken using his ability SHAPESHIFTING to change into Nozomu and intentionaly used that form to make out with a girl at a time where Lisa would bare witness to it, as result she saw "Nozomu" with another girl, in a sence, cheating) Eventually the rumours that Ken created of Nozomu cheating started losing their ground because Nozomu made a friend of one of the most popular girls in the Academy and she was backing him up as a proper man that would never cheat, his jealousy grew out of hand in fear of losing Lisa, so he was about to rape her, Nozomu found out about his Schemes and saves Lisa, by killing Ken.

I feel like the first two chapters here are as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle. Like over 60 pages and i feel like it could have been done in half that.

@ViciousSoul
isnt she pretty much soiled already with her shitty personality and all ?
deciding things unilaterally when they concern the very basis of the relationship is a big nono unless your mainly in it with yourself
and with her being the victim there is little to no chance of changing that trait
and knowing how much trust she has into the mc or the worth she gives the relationship is quite sad
not saying that cheater deserve better im saying that any partner in a relationship deserves not being convicted before they could present their case

@Roadrunner9000
So you're saying,
If you saw your lover with another person you'd want to know what pushed them to do that and keep the relationship?
Usually the human emotion is very very very direct, she saw her boyfriend cheating with another woman, and i am not saying they were holding hands happily laughing, you know what i mean, she didn't need to hear to some roumor to believe it, she witnessed it herself, however indeed she doesn't know that it was just Ken being shapeshifted into Nozomu basically laying a trap, but that doesn't matter, what matters is what her eyes and herself saw, her precious boyfriend, cheating on her without remourse after having basically promised the world to her, how would you feel if it happened to you? You have to consider everything in between not just the picture you're shown. There were promises and trust in the foundation of that relationship, then suddenly it all crumbled down, her trust has been betrayed, her love has been betrayed, she was lied to, she was tossed away, all these were things in her head. How would you feel in that situation, you wouldn't know unless it happened to you right in that moment, speculating your reaction and actually feeling it at the moment is completely different, believe me. XD

Does anybody know if there is an English translation to the novel I'm tiring to find it but cant , can someone share a link where i can find it.

Sounds a lot like any other generic revenge manga. Looking at the cover and description, my bets are: MC gets cucked by his lover and friend, finds super OP ability, gathers harem and a legendary pet. Ends up saving the world from a generic big bad demon lord.
Well. luckily it's not anything that cliche. He isn't out for vengeance and any OP ability he runs into so far he won by his own merit instead of "cheat" shit (and even then it has concrete drawbacks).

MC got a redemption arc but it kinda felt bland I say.

The ex just became a damsel in distress for the whole arc and mc exposing the scum in broad daylight while beating the shit out of him. After that the ex came back to mc trying to win him back over(tho at this point he and that other black haired girl were dating I think)

Too bad the manga ended quickly, they could've fine tuned it to be more better. I think this got axed

as far as i know, this is a promo for LN.
idk if this real or not but yeah this is what i believe for now

Dex-chan lover
This shit is mediocre as fuck
Mediocre? This is one of the few "Suddenly OP" stories that gets it right. Usually you see the powers come with no drawback or effort involved, which is boring as hell. As far as the trope goes, this is one of the best implementations, with lots of struggling and time for you to feel the weakness of the character, so it's satisfying when he becomes OP. It does have too much magic to my taste, people can simply be talentless they on't need a magic holding them back. Effort vs Talent is one of the oldest tales in manga, and for a good reason, it's a hell of a good one because where there's struggle, there's a story.

Users who are viewing this thread