Sabishisugite Les Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Repo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Beginning

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 21, 2023
Messages
754
Reading this again after a good few years, maybe 8-10 or so years at this point. I think this definitely had an effect on me in terms of how I thought about self-harm (the whole concept of how the physical injury acts as a stand-in for the emotional pain). I always wondered where I learned that, and I only vaguely knew it was from a manga... Hoping I can finish it this time.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
300
The doctor really should have referred her to a psychiatrist. Medication won't fix the issue, they aren't literally 'happy pills', but work more like how paracetemol numbs physical pain.
Mental health is pretty stigmatized even in more individualist cultures, and it wasn't until recently that it started being more mainstream. It's far more stigmatized in conformist, collectivist cultures, especially a decade ago. On a surface level, it's because they still don't really believe it's a real problem, and on a deeper level, it's because they also see it as an explicit decision to deviate from the norm. Not to mention, most doctors aren't that much more familiar with clinical psychology than your average person, so they can't really tell when to refer you until it's very extreme (like suicide extreme).
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top