Sachiiro no One Room - Vol. 6 Ch. 37

Thanks for the translation as always. This was one of my favorites, but I haven’t cared for this whole detective arc. I kinda hope the manga ends soon, tbh.

Double-page supporter
Detective showing her the irony eh

Group Leader
Sorry clarification for the last 3-ish pages:
When Matsubase says "take custody" I meant it as take her into legal custody so that she can begin her process going through Japan's youth protection system not as in "adopt" Sachi.

@Kitsunebi Thanks for clarification. In that case, what is he risking? Going against her parents? That seems like the most normal line and what he should have been trying to do this whole time.

Group Leader
@Unearthly
I'm not sure if they officially clarify his risks later, but I'm assuming he'd have to explain how he got a hold of her without mentioning mister, and why he didn't report immediately to the police.

The live-action drama did say something about how Sachi would be free to go off on her own as long as the parents call off the search, but I'm not sure if drama Sachi and manga Sachi are the same age or how Japanese laws actually work. Hope that helps a little bit!

Dex-chan lover
Maaaan,i'm getting conflicted emotions.
I don't want Mask to like,go to jail or something. But I also want the best for the girl.

Any sane person would prefer the detective but this one is a nut case, so she'll probably go for mask-san

Dex-chan lover
@Daphine I dunno. The detective, however odd and perceptive, and no matter what he promises, has certain drawbacks. First, he's part of the general matrix of authorities that have backed her parents, been useless at best and in one case a psycho killer. She has no reason to trust someone from the world of officialdom. His relationship with those authorities is a bit odd, but still. Second, he's too damn clever and smug. He's displayed an ability to lie with a straight face, to say various things just to do things like provoke her to get information. It's hard to tell what he's really after, and whatever it is his demeanour suggests it has more to do with satisfying his ego than doing her any good. Third, the mere fact that he's making really big promises is a strike against him--everyone she's ever met who has talked big about how good they will be to her has been lying with evil intentions.
(In actual fact I think his intentions are good, but he's so in love with seeming clever that it undermines his attempts to seem like his intentions are good)
So yeah. Just because he says he'll do something nice doesn't mean he will, or even can, actually do it. Mask-kun on the other hand has a solid track record with her, does not represent the kind of person who has victimized her in the past, and has tried hard to avoid over-promising. So even aside from feelings, there's a case to be made that going with Mask-kun is a better bet than going with the detective (and by extension the cops, child care authorities etc).

Users who are viewing this thread