Saeki-san wa Nemutteru - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Saeki-chan and Kotatsu

I thought she had peed in bed (or in her father's arms) at the end.

Dex-chan lover
@kiwifb same, unsure why else she felt wet.

So why is it a recurring phrase that sleeping under a warm blanket (aka "in a kotatsu") gives you a cold? I always felt that it sounded a bit odd.

@feha as far as I know, because kotatsu is hot thus drying the "water" in your body. This may lead to sore throat and decreased immunity

Group Leader
@feha @kiwifb I believe it's because she was "splashing" into the cold futon. The temperature difference made it feel somewhat like water. Actually, if you put gloves on and put your hand under running water, you'll notice a lot of what we interpret as the feeling of water is actually temperature variation (I think anyway).

Edit: I mean plastic or latex gloves.

Double-page supporter
I can't believe this is the same dad we saw in the restaurant chapter.

Contributor
@kiwifb
Same. The same idea could’ve been done if she dove into a pile of snow in her dream or something.

probably because he's been carrying his unconscious daughter everywhere for years.

Fed-Kun's army
I've always wondered about the whole "getting sick sleeping under the kotatsu" thing. Isn't it supposed to be warm?

my god, soon she'll be sleeping with her belly out and catch tuberculosis

Dex-chan lover
@gartender To begin with, the whole « cover yourself if you don’t want to catch a cold » is a myth. Being cold doesn’t give you a cold.

Fed-Kun's army
idk why sleeping under a kotatsu is supposed to make you get sick... 🤔
wonder if its one of those sayings said to deter people from using too much oil to heat the kotatsu....

Users who are viewing this thread