Saigo no Saiyuuki

Dex-chan lover
Can someone delete all these uploaded ADVERTISEMENT chapters ffs it doesn't even show the chapter its just a AD to go to the website to read the chapter LMAO

Fed-Kun's army
Before complaining, maybe read that announcement up top first?

• This
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
Lol, the first two posters here aren‘t the sharpest tool in the box.

@ the manga: had potential, but the storytelling is way too slow. Boring.

On that other website, it acts a bit weird when you transition to the next chapter. You might have to refresh a few times or click on the new chapter directly.

I don't know if new chapters will be up soon. But as of July 30 2019, it skips over there as well from chapter 6 just like on here in mangadex.

Well that was a pretty rushed, shitty ending. This could’ve been so much better, but I guess the author gave up?

Dex-chan lover
Why is it that the official manga site has the worst reader I've ever used? it consistently loads pages in the wrong order and half the time the next page doesn't even fucking load, also you can't resize the goddamn page at all.

• This
Contributor
@sedition:

The bane of any "professional" work in the realm of technology is that things are done by finding "someone" who will agree to make the thing for money (preferably as cheaply as possible), which in turn means things will often be made by contractors who don't give a damn (and often either outsource things to third-world countries, or else hire newbies and other cheap scraps who don't know what they're doing).

And if no one at the appropriate levels of management (A.) gets what's going on and that there's a problem and (B.) cares and can afford to care, instead of just pretending everything's fine when talking to their superior, the problem will never get fixed.

This is how bad tech products (from websites to printers) are made everywhere. The details of what is being made and even to some extent, how much time and money are spent on it, are surprisingly irrelevant. XD

Contributor
Reading the first three chapters that are posted officially...

I feel like it's a bit hard not to have immersion broken while reading this. It's tricky because you can tell it's trying to be taken fully seriously, and it almost can be, but the experience is perforated with a bunch of little "but why?!" moments.

...But if you can swallow all your objections and manage to take it seriously, the remainder is, genuinely, quite powerfully written. Some of the raw emotion captured in a couple instances is breathtaking. I think I'm going to be on the lookout for more series from this author in the future.

Having said that, it felt suspiciously like it exhausted a lot of it's emotional depth (and related interpersonal tensions) in those first three chapters, and the rest of the series might just be "try to to keep bad things from happening" shenanigans (as the bad-guy introduction at the end of ch.3 would imply). I don't know if I want to go hunt down the missing middle chapters to find out, or just let the first three chapters stand on their own and call it a day, without risking ruining it.

To anyone that's reading this, Viz's Shounen Jump subscription and their online reader/app are significantly better than Shueisha's site. $2 a month and you can read anything in their catalog (at least from what I've seen). Shueisha only gives 6 ch - first and last 3 - and no indication as to where to find the rest, currently even if I wanted to pay them (note: hell no until they fix their site), I couldn't figure out how.

A few series I follow are on both, I would recommend Jump as a better official source.

Fed-Kun's army
Chapter 4 & 23 aren't even on MangaPlus, as it gives a 404 error for both of those chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread