Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 62.2

Dex-chan lover
I'm so damn happy to see this series update again.

I can't predict how this battle will play out byt I'm thrilled they're turning the tides.

Double-page supporter
Manga version of this really does trump the anime one. The anime didn't really convey the size of our thick-necked Valacirca. I don't think it was terrible. Just not as good. Less impactful.
thanks for the upload.

Dex-chan lover
Cant wait to see what happens half a year from now~ Jokes aside, thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
This is the prime example where you should not watch the anime, but completely dive into the manga instead.

Even the most distinguished animation studio would struggle to properly convey the scale, the monumental grandeur of a legendary fight like this. And that's not to find fault with those studios, I am saying this entirely to sing the praises of the artist.
I probably have been repeating myself ten times over, but the art is absolutely breathtaking and wholly responsible in capturing the legendary feel of this story.

Dungeon Meshi (I'm baised, sue me) captured D&D in its own unique and wonderful way.
Faraway Paladin does the same, but instead treats it almost with a reverent quality and make it feel like the epics of old. And to do that succesfully is something only a very few can manage.
anime is a victim of budget and it doesn't rely on imagination to fill the gaps which helps.

Double-page supporter
I've never been this glad before that scanlation of a series was on pause for months and then multiple chapters dropped together.

Dex-chan lover
This is easily the best work of fantasy on mangadex.

I think I've said this before, but it really captures a rare sort of feeling, or at least rare in modern fiction. A legendary feeling, a feeling normally relegated to epics, like The Iliad, The Odyssey, or Beowulf. A hero shining in battle, rising up against insurmountable odds, wrestling with difficult emotions even as he wrestles with the enemy. And the scale of it is a grand spectacle as well.

I'm not going to say it's as good as the classics. But it definitely captures a similar vibe. And that's worthy of respect.
It captures the pure feeling of high fantasy though. It feels a disservice to just call this a fantasy manga. It's more than that

Dex-chan lover
It was a Soulsborne-Isekai all along:
This guy learns the dodge timings of the boss:chad:, however he also summons help (casual alert!):dogewow:!

Users who are viewing this thread