Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 62.2

Dex-chan lover
Damn, these latest chapters confirm it for me, this is way cooler than how it was shown in the anime. The fight feels more drawn out and there's just way more going on. Not to mention the dragon looks so much more unique and evil, compared to the very generic appearance they gave it in the anime. I guess they had to keep the length of the episodes reasonable, so the fight in the anime just had a few quick exchanges of blows before it got to each major turning point with the intervention of the gods. It didn't feel as well earned as it does in this these chapters.
there was an anime adaptation?

actually, who cares, I'll still stubbornly await updates for this manga with patience the likes which have been previously unheard of.

Double-page supporter
God this goes so fucking hard, even though I already read the Light Novel to not get spoiled by the anime.
The artist takes the scenes and illustrates them beautifully and perfectly captures what was described and the feeling that encompasses it all and even elevates it.
I can't wait for some of the upcoming scenes as I have no doubt this artist will do them justice.

Double-page supporter
Manga Valacirca would wipe the floor with anime vala and wouldn't even notice it

Dex-chan lover
Bloody hell...
Yes, it ticks all the boxes of all the tropes regarding Heroes and their Epic Battles.
But the delivery.. Saga level. Magnificent. For a change, a Final Battle that is not boring as hell.

This is the level of storytelling that had people of ages past listen to the Iliad, or Beowulf, or any of the old sagas around the campfire.

That is an EPIC battle scene. I love it. 😍
Thank goes to the Mangaka for the fantastic art, characters and story. 😆
Thanks for the perfect scanlation. 😎

Dex-chan lover
funny you mention it. IIRC, the manga was loosely based off one of the author's D&D games. He is a big fan of tabletop RPGs
Yeah, he's an Avalon/Tintagel/SCA member, and he's super cool... and a total dork.

Not as bad as "Baron Veil," mind you... (he worked for Sqare/Enix, and brought a frigging camera, boom-mic, and crew along with him to a big war, one year...)

Contributor
I like how this feels like we've entered the phase where the player (Will) has finally learned the boss's patterns and tactics. And powerful as Valacirca may be, he's slowly starting to go down from a thousand cuts inflicted by every warrior slash and arrow shot against him. Even if the Hydra poison is merely painful and not lethal to him, it counts too. He's actually feeling it now.

Too bad an epic fight of this caliber was beyond the capability (or budget) of the animation studio that worked on the anime. If I'm gonna be generous, that was only decent at best, but doesn't hold a candle at all to this.

Users who are viewing this thread