Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 12 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
I can't properly articulate it, but I love well drawn action scenes so much in manga. Imo, not even the greatest animation sequence can match it.

Also, ya'll forgot the "K" in "MORTAL KOMBATTTT!!!!"

(Jokes aside, thanks for the translation)

Double-page supporter
I love the battle of 'words' here. Like when dragon reciting spell and will countera with 'liar'. Or when will about to cast thunderbolt, the dragon counter with 'fair weather' and then continue that with his own spell. It also shows how the dragon over power will in the use of 'word'. The dragon can chain counter spell and continue with his own spell while will only able to use 1 word counter spell.

Contributor
Overeater finally comes into play as Will's weapon of last resort, but unfortunately his enemy also has countermeasures prepared. That was his trump card and now he's truly at the end of his ropes. The situation can't get anymore desperate than this.

I don't know about the novel, but IMO this fight is so much better here in the manga than the anime. One thing that I really liked here is Will and Valacirca's back and forth between magic Words that even include counterspells and reflects.

That kind of exchange was sorely lacking in the anime, I don't even remember Valacirca pronouncing any magic Words even though he was also using magic; visually it was a much more typical fight against a more typical-looking dragon. It would have made the fight so much better if he and Will were also exchanging Words like this here.

Users who are viewing this thread