Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - An Audience

Bishop is actually a trap enthusiast and see's great potential in MC. This is my only theory and the only one I am willing to believe. If you disagree you can meet me in the fighting rings and we can out-trap each other to death.

Fed-Kun's army
people call edginess cringeworthy but I believe all this faith-speech is even more cringeworthy, unbearably so. The story is pretty decent, until he starts talking about his religion.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind him talking about his religion. There is a true sincerity and faithfulness there that is tempered with wisdom that makes it feel genuine and inoffensive when he talks about it.

Honestly faith gets such a bad rep in so many of these sorts of fantasy stories where it ends up being always just a corrupt or power-hungry church that I really enjoy the change of pace. Might help that I play Cleric alot in dnd though. I think alot more people would be more evangelistic in a world where divinity is alot more tangible of a concept

Double-page supporter
I mean, he literally took down a wyvern, what do they expect to achieve by antagonizing him?
I don't think he would hesitate to kill them all if that would bring about the fate his Goddess wishes.

Dex-chan lover
I've read many dumpster fire isekai trash this month but this one I still haven't had to do rereading yet.

something about this just makes me remember the story up to a reasonable part and yet it seems like everyone else forgot that the fat priest is actually competent. (recall from ch.20 when he recognizes Gracefeel's creed and immediately issued his registry within priests without any proof, as that itself was enough proof)

he's just stern and grumpy guys, he's most likely not a corrupt official.

justmy2centsetc.

Fed-Kun's army
And right on cue, comes the retarded "Church" who are only scheming how to exploit whatever just happened for their personal power and wealth.

Dex-chan lover
I dont think the bishop is there to oppose him. By the sounds of it, he seems to have misjudged that the country is trying to kill the mc and is trying to protect him.

With how the other characters describe the bishop, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to bring Will down, but it would be refreshing to see the bishop take his side instead for sure

Bishop, a low-key tsundere old man.. or just a scum in the society.. Which one do you think he is?
I'll go for the low-key tsundere old man.. Lmao

Dex-chan lover
I really hope the Bishop is a good guy who just sorta lost his way recently, that a 'hero' wasn't going to appear in his time.

Users who are viewing this thread