Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Party

Dex-chan lover
Thanking him during a high-risk excursion, it is like he wanted to raise his own death flag. Though I have a feeling he is intended to survive, just hurt.

Fed-Kun's army
I always find this monster a bit odd, I mean, out of it's 4 heads it has, why is one of them a goat included?
Shouldn't it be another carnivore animal?? What does an herbivore can do anyway?
The scariest thing I can thing of is:
"GuaHahahaha! Be careful of my goat head! It will eat your homework!"
Quite lame, right? So, really, why does it have to be a goat??

Dex-chan lover
@DeadintheWater And also just all around more interesting, as nice as it is knowing that the villain usually isn't a threat is isekai manga, it eventually get's boring and doesn't make sense why the characters aren't as strong as their supposed to be, eventually s-rank just being a term for people getting surpassed by the mc and the main character keeps winning despite easily being able to be shot in the head by a crossbow and die in a second. I think Isekai bandits are the worst actually, they display nothing remotely banditly, just usually walking up to the mc, leering at the harem and taking the mc unseriously before the mc kills them all like a psychopath. And maybe the church's are even worse, because out of all of the isekai manga I've read so far, this is the only one that can actually be called 'good', like wtf sort of hatred does the average isekai writer have against church? best part was seeing the fat priest actually ready to protect Will.

@noobtube2 Yea thanks to Will's past life he isn't as naive as he should be, it's weird because you'd think any other mc from an isekai should be able to replicate this because of their usual former life as a businessman. Maybe it also has to do with Will being raised by by wise and strong former heroes who were able to balance him out and tell him everything they knew compared to the other mc's being dropped into the middle of no where with god powers and plot armor and a storng concept of 'good' and 'evil', as in everyone they deem evil they kill.

vomit blood, arm dislocated, and three fingers were cut, oh yeah he is fine

Dex-chan lover
@Seink
In the Iliad it can breathe fire, though that still doesn't give a good reason for it to be a goat head, I guess.

Aggregator gang
@Kumenbi only people with no need to worry everyday about their own poverty and all the problems that come from it think that is really true.
@Seink the goat head is where all the hatred toward humanity is located lol

Dex-chan lover
A fucking Chimera?

Well, that's a lot more unusual than most mangas of this type, so go for it!

Contributor
@Seink goats are representative of beasts such as satyrs in Greek myths. They are also being symbols of the devil or sth but Im not sure where that comes from.

Fed-Kun's army
Whoa boy, it's a Chimera!

@Seink also a fun fact: A Chimera is traditionally considered female despite its male heads.

Dex-chan lover
This one chapter has better town-building that most isekais that revolve only around that theme.

@Seink I must inform you good sir, that goats in nature, especially moutain goats, are very dangerous when provoked, they might be herbivores but they are also not just some easy prey for carnivores.
That for real life stuff, on the fantasy side, what if the goat head can cast magic? (look up dragon's dogma chimera)

I love this manga, I just dont like how much yaoi style undertones this has like making everyone be blushing 100% of the time for literally no reason. Someone tell the artist that theres a difference between exasperation and humiliation!

Users who are viewing this thread