Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi o Hajimemashita - Ch. 21

Aggregator gang
thanks for the chapter.

i might need to reread the chapter, left me rather confused, either my brain is too tired to understand the plot, or the context of the translation was just too confusing. lol
Same, probably because I took a long time to read between chapters but I'm a little lost here, I get the general grasp of what it's goin on but indeed it's a little confusing.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

The chapter feel to heavy...
XD...

Really good animation, storytelling is a bit disordered but overall good, but they lean far too much into the isekai aspect. Random dings and conversations with herself, it's like the animators are afraid of silence or something.
Chime
"HEY, listen!"

I agree, personally I thought the isekai aspect was too played up. I like how in this manga, her past self is a much more like a vague memory than actually constantly active!y interacting with her with that annoying chime sound, as if she had Navi from Ocarina of Time with her or something.

Were it not for a few hints otherwise, I wouldn't even have been sure in the manga that her past life was necessarily from our world...it could almost just as well been an in-world reincarnation. Almost..there are some fairly obvious clues, otoh. But yeah, it's more subtle. I feel it would have been just fine as a regular fantasy without the other self entirely, other than her being a bit too knowledgeable for her age.

I feel like the anime isekai voice in her head is over-exposition and dumbing the story down; it robs Sora of much of the sense of her own personal agency, and also just makes the whole thing feel more cliched somehow. Overall the whole thing just doesn't reaonate for me like the manga does and feels rather twee, even.

Dex-chan lover
My interest for this manga is waning. I know mc is very capable for her to be able to survive being alone in the wild. But her being so smart that shes able to advise the adults the correct decisions have that "Mc got all the answers" writing that is ugly for me. She dont even need to be the character to know the better options cause the other adult was only seconds late to advice before she did her big mc plot brain.
This inspector detective arch plot kinda erased the fantasy, adventure, survival with minimal shounen action vibe it had previously. I know its just plot progression but mc's genius turns me off.

Dex-chan lover
Also it's comfy as fuck.
I know what you mean and totally agree with you but... is a bit odd to say that when the last chapters have all been about protecting the girl from slavers while uncovering some child slave trade underground organization.
I really like that even after they uncover who is behind it all and that guy knowing that he unwillingly gave info that resulted in the deaths of several of his comrades, still we have this comfy atmosphere at the end

Dex-chan lover
Something about the translation feels off and hard to parse? Anyone else feel like it's difficult to follow along at times? Or wondered what that "He's not mine..." "I am!" was about?
basically, the noble is working with the kidnappers which is why they keep getting away and why investigators keep dying. Ivy guessed that their base had a secret room and then stumbled on the treasure in it. Now she’s telling the dude to not move anything so they can capture the criminals when they come back to grab the loot
I did get that much, the issue lies more in following along to the details. In large part I think it is because an unknown name appeared ("miss mira"?) who I lack context to understand how they fit into the cause-and-effects they describe, but ie page 22 I don't see how they mean "w know they are probably going to do something" leads to "if we take advantage of that it won't seem unnatural for this place to be short-staffed" (shouldn't it be more unnatural if they leave a place enemy knows they expect trouble at, to be unguarded?). And following pages too - like what depends on who (at first I read it to be that the plan depends on the enemy's movements, but then realized that just doesn't work with the surrounding panels)?
And so on.

Essentially, the grand strokes were apparent, but parts felt somewhat disjointed at times sort of as if each bubble was translated without the context of surrounding bubbles (or at least the "flow" of dialogue felt disrupted at times)?
It's good so far
tell me when it caught up to the manga :glee:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This entire arc is strong, but poorly paced because they need to doublespeak and re-explain stuff for 80% of the plot.

The manga is about as good as the novel for pacing, but maybe the anime will be different.

Contributor
I was excited to see how well they would adapt an anime, as it was the studio's first.

Reason for the excitement, was because of their previous work, which was this:

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else asking for reactions but didn't read the thread?
I am fairly sure I had quotes from the thread below that.

It goes (pseudo-regex):
(original reaction)?
(
reaction to quote - sometimes with context from prior quotes and reactions
)*

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the anime isekai voice in her head is over-exposition and dumbing the story down; it robs Sora of much of the sense of her own personal agency, and also just makes the whole thing feel more cliched somehow.
I disagree. Thanks to that it allowed Ivy to remain her own person, to be an actual little girl with all her child-like emotions, rather than an adult-like know-it-all she is in the manga.
And especially in arcs like the current one, it will work much better when smart ideas come from the isekai adult in her head, rather than herself and her own omnipotent protagonist aura, which is way more of a cliche.

Double-page supporter
Chime
"HEY, listen!"

I agree, personally I thought the isekai aspect was too played up. I like how in this manga, her past self is a much more like a vague memory than actually constantly active!y interacting with her with that annoying chime sound, as if she had Navi from Ocarina of Time with her or something.

Were it not for a few hints otherwise, I wouldn't even have been sure in the manga that her past life was necessarily from our world...it could almost just as well been an in-world reincarnation. Almost..there are some fairly obvious clues, otoh. But yeah, it's more subtle. I feel it would have been just fine as a regular fantasy without the other self entirely, other than her being a bit too knowledgeable for her age.

I feel like the anime isekai voice in her head is over-exposition and dumbing the story down; it robs Sora of much of the sense of her own personal agency, and also just makes the whole thing feel more cliched somehow. Overall the whole thing just doesn't reaonate for me like the manga does and feels rather twee, even.
That's not her past self, it's her skill as a tamer. Remember the cat from the earlier chapters? It had been following her for a while, guiding her when necessary before revealing itself to her. That's the ding she's speaking with in the anime right now. The cat.

Users who are viewing this thread