Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 18

Thanks again for the chapter!
Also idk I guess he lost all will to kill him after seeing how pathetic he was, maybe cause he had no fighting spirit left, or cause understood how maddening it would be working so hard only for someone else to steal all of it from under him. Idk but the kid will probably die later from the group people who saved his world in a last sec redemption move which upsets the mc and makes them his new enemy for a vol or 2.

Double-page supporter
bro c'mon. If you're going to spare him at least give a sad backstory that readers can actually empathize with. My guy literally slaughtered people and robbed heroes of their powers and future through backstabbing because he got surpassed ONCE. Even at that time, if he ever cared about the world he was, he would be glad it was saved. But no, dawg could only ever get envious because the worshipping stopped. It doesn't even make sense for the MC to spare him, it's a witness who got to KNOW his power and that the cat has something more to it. The MC himself spilled the beans about spending 10,000 of years fighting demons. That secret won't hold up.

Dex-chan lover
I am just wondering what's going to happen with the other jackasses. Are they going to wake up with their powers restored? Are they going to kill the idiot the mc left alive? Are they going to believe him if he tells them that a cat transformed into beautiful woman that attacked him, and that the mc claimed to have spent an absurdly long time training? I think at best that guy is going to be thought of as having gone crazy if he doesn't get executed.

Dex-chan lover
In hindsight, did he actually kill people? No I'm not counting the douchebags posing as heroes. I need a reminder if he actually killed like innocents.

I don't remember if it was Appy or GD, and whether the translation was right or not, but he said he killed demons when he was saying his kill count for his extra lives.

Because honestly if his kill count victims were only monsters and those douchebag asshole "heroes", I'm not that hung up on seeing him being despicable.

People hung up on him saying he wanted to be worshipped, but the panel of that little girl saying thanks and stuff and all that feel good, it feels more like he just wanted to be loved and have a home he belonged to then it got all taken away from him by the douchebag and the people abandoned him like trash.

Like his motivations/personality got corrupted over time, and he's screaming these things when deep inside he's just lonely and depressed, so he's just lashing out in revenge and anger.
I'm usually one for "NO MERCY. KILL THEM ALL!", but this time, I almost get it, really.
Thank you for the update, man!

What did you do right there that deserve any praise, dude? Slay a single demon? What a looser. People there are living breathing human being, not just random NPCs.
Does he even actually say "NPC"? Also, he did his thing as hero. Literally putting his life on the line to help. And he got tossed aside, Woody style, the moment some random dudebros showed up out of nowhere.

My guy literally slaughtered people and robbed heroes of their powers and future through backstabbing because he got surpassed ONCE.
I don't know that he's killed anyone. Also, the guy got tossed aside like an old rag the moment someone else showed up. Can you blame him for taking that personally?

Dex-chan lover
It's that logic weak peps have a hard time to understand. Basically, if you could end someone with a single flick, you have enough leeway to do the talk no jutsu on that person.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, you did a really good job on this chapter!
As for him not killing him, he specifically said he doesn't kill people whose abilities he eats as that kills the "root" of his ability, so he needs to keep them alive. Which means he probably puts them in a vegetative state. That's even worse. Fuck him.

Dex-chan lover
Does he even actually say "NPC"? Also, he did his thing as hero. Literally putting his life on the line to help. And he got tossed aside, Woody style, the moment some random dudebros showed up out of nowhere.
The raws have it as "モブキャラ(mobukyara)" which is can be translated as "mob character".

I wasn't sure if everyone would know what a "mob" is so I went with "NPC" since it's a more familiar term that means the same thing. I also considered using "side character" but went with "NPC" since it uses less real-estate.

t28

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think he killed any of the other heroes — didn’t the previous chapters say he had to leave people alive to have their powers?

It’s the monsters that he killed whose lives he has that gives him the infinite regen.

edit: also @AppMan2 you are doing great bro. Thanks for all your efforts on this (and giving GD the middle finger) and keep up the good work…

Dex-chan lover
The raws have it as "モブキャラ(mobukyara)" which is can be translated as "mob character".

I wasn't sure if everyone would know what a "mob" is so I went with "NPC" since it's a more familiar term that means the same thing. I also considered using "side character" but went with "NPC" since it uses less real-estate.
Mob Character, Background Character, Side Character. I see why you went with NPC, but at the same time, at least one reader assumed he didn't think of them as people because of it. Sounds more like he thought of them as just "Not the Main Characters" in his story.

Dex-chan lover
So...what is the point of the backstory? To feel sorry for him? Because he didn't get to be the protagonist of his own world's story as he thought he should have been?
Dude is a murderer by his own admittance, he would have outright have killed the sword girl should the MC not have intervened.

Hell I am mostly disappointed that the MC has proven to be yet another softboiled goodie two shoes who won't kill someone who has taken 3 trillion lives, including that of innocents...the curse of the Japanese misplaced morality notions strikes again.

Dex-chan lover
So...what is the point of the backstory? To feel sorry for him? Because he didn't get to be the protagonist of his own world's story as he thought he should have been?
Dude is a murderer by his own admittance, he would have outright have killed the sword girl should the MC not have intervened.

Hell I am mostly disappointed that the MC has proven to be yet another softboiled goodie two shoes who won't kill someone who has taken 3 trillion lives, including that of innocents...the curse of the Japanese misplaced morality notions strikes again.
He's specifically not killing these people, because then he doesn't get their BS powers. He's also made it clear those are monster lives. You know, the abominations created by the Demon Lords to terrorize the respective worlds?

Dex-chan lover

Well that's the thing. I don't recall it being mention he's taken the lives of innocents. Only demons/monsters. It would be EXTREMELY noticeable if he's killed innocent people in that number count. There's no hiding something like that.

He hasn't really killed anyone except monsters and douchebag heroes.

Which is another thing, did everyone forget the heroes are for the most part completely dirtbag supremacist cocky assholes who have no qualms treating others like shit and below them? Honestly, go him. At least he's beating the shit out of them when he can whereas MC is like [gets slapped, kicked to the ground, and insulted], "yes sir please give me more".

bro c'mon. If you're going to spare him at least give a sad backstory that readers can actually empathize with. My guy literally slaughtered people and robbed heroes of their powers and future through backstabbing because he got surpassed ONCE. Even at that time, if he ever cared about the world he was, he would be glad it was saved. But no, dawg could only ever get envious because the worshipping stopped. It doesn't even make sense for the MC to spare him, it's a witness who got to KNOW his power and that the cat has something more to it. The MC himself spilled the beans about spending 10,000 of years fighting demons. That secret won't hold up.

Yes, he robbed assholes that didn't deserve their powers and treated him and many others (including the MC and the girl) like garbage and look down on the people they're supposed to be saving. And it wasn't because he was worshipped (he wasn't even worshipped) or surpassed (he surpassed the heroes), but because the flashback shows he had a happy friendly bordering on family relationship with the people of his world, but then they threw him aside like garbage in favor of these asshole "heroes" who treat him like garbage.

Dex-chan lover
My man appman coming through show them frauds what’s up.

Man that 1 trillion lives page was hard as hell for a shitter enemy they should have used that idea for a foe that wasn’t lame as hell.

Fed-Kun's army
the bad side of the academy is also what they are made of i guess. anyways, i just like how he got to be reminded with the insignia on his hand that his already a hero afterall. He just let his ego run out and got stray on the path

Users who are viewing this thread