Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Some people really do have low reading comprehension.
Well thats the usual here in MD comments, beside, they been too busy shitting on GDS and praising this other translator than actually properly reading a chapter, they retain like 0 of what they read, if they actually did instead of skimming pages

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Those trillion lives makes him something like Alucard from Hellsing.
Anyway, it makes me think the Academy is actually causing more hurt than help in the grand scheme of things.
To consolidate power from heroes who went to separate worlds is just like a slow implosion which will ultimately lead to a grand explosion in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for picking this up and all your hard work (and dealing with all the drama)!

That said...wow this story got really bad this arc. Like the author really seemed to try and make this as awful as they possibly could. Like they had a bingo card or were doing a speedrun. The initial premise of hiding his and his waifu's strength while living a slow school life seemed fun. Like even if he has OP powers the angels potentially have hax and either way he couldn't fight his way through every hero and angel and live a "peaceful" life. So there was tension... But this whole arc just blew that away. Both the MC and waifu revealed their true selves and power for everyone with eyes to experience (can't wait for the next chapter to reveal the loli angel just slept through that). While the female friend probably won't say anything there's no reason for the fodder he just spared to not say anything and screw him over (but the manga will probably make up on). Not to mention the local hero and there's only so much they can cover up when as far as ANYONE KNOWS the only heroes who could save the day were on their deathbeds. Just having killed the demon lord is super sus.

It's insane how in the first major arc, this author managed to absolutely destroy their own manga. This whole plot was just boring (I sped through the chapters) and on top of that it just makes the premise not work. That said it'll be even more frustrating when we get back and see ZERO CONSEQUENCES despite the MC very openly showing off.

Dex-chan lover
He is going to kill the failed hero and the local hero but failed. So it's kinda implied that he also killed who doesn't "deserve" it.

Page, 3,4,7,8,13,17,18 pretty much tell us he become villains because his narcissistic self got hurt. Petty reason to kill.
He's literally throwing a temper tantrum over not being the one to save someone else's entire world. I get the idea (he feels overlooked and just wants someone to care about him and his efforts), but making this point with a story about "being a hero" just doesn't work. Yeah it's nice he felt great about getting recognized but this is people's lives and their entire livelihoods. It doesn't matter how much of jerks the heroes that come in are to you specifically (it's a different thing entirely if they're straight up being abusive to the civilians as well). Being a hero isn't about clout chasing. They saved the day before you... that's something to celebrate. Not get mad at because all of a sudden you aren't the golden boy. Like yeah the people don't actually care about you. They care about not living in fear and finally having hope that their lives will go back to normal.

And then on top of that it doesn't help that his "temper tantrum" was literally mercing not just héroes but randos for... reasons. Like it never was clear what the dude's end goal was (though I can believe he didn't have one which makes him even more pathetic). Like yeah he wanted to be strong but for what...? He didn't go back to being a hero for clout chasing. Was he planning on trying to take on ALL the heroes, angels, and might of all countries military and take over our world?

Dex-chan lover
Being a hero isn't about clout chasing. They saved the day before you... that's something to celebrate. Not get mad at because all of a sudden you aren't the golden boy. Like yeah the people don't actually care about you. They care about not living in fear and finally having hope that their lives will go back to normal.
Right, so you get the problem; you saw them literally shove him out of the way and trample the very symbol of his bond with the people of the land, but you think the problem is they're not worshipping him? I don't know. I feels like you're not really empathizing here.

And then on top of that it doesn't help that his "temper tantrum" was literally mercing not just héroes but randos for... reasons.
Merc? As in kill? He didn't kill any people, far as we know. The only people we see hurt are just that: Hurt. Is this great? No. But let's not find fault where there is none.

Dex-chan lover
Am I suppose to pity this guy? he lost his placed in his own world and started being a villain and he literally tried to kill people without even hesitating and you letting this guy live?
Lemme guess "You must atone for what you did" BS is coming up
Good god this chapter single handedly drop the value of the entire storyline in a single punch

Fed-Kun's army
Am I suppose to pity this guy? he lost his placed in his own world and started being a villain and he literally tried to kill people without even hesitating and you letting this guy live?
Lemme guess "You must atone for what you did" BS is coming up
Good god this chapter single handedly drop the value of the entire storyline in a single punch
It's hard to tell with how vague the backstory is but it doesn't seem like he's actually ever killed anyone, he did clarify that the lives he uses as stocks where monsters. He keeps the heroes alive so he can use their powers, and allegedly the guards were just knocked out. Feels almost like he's acting out as a villain but doesn't actually want to be one, plus if he actually wanted to try and kill someone I don't think he would have much trouble.

that being said it would have been better to just have him be am actual monster since he clearly had no problem working with them irrespective of the consequences.

Double-page supporter
For those who missed it, John Protagonist was valutating if he should be kill the guy or not by interrogating on his reasoning for the stuff he did, and concluded it wasn't needed after a reality check (always asking why is too op)

Dex-chan lover
I kinda sympathize with the villain. I too would stab the pricks who stole my 'stage' that I spend time and sweat to build just because I was a bit late on finishing it.

Dex-chan lover
So, another way to put the extremely brief backstory of the villain.

Prior to being summoned he had no existence. He could commit suicide and no one would care (maybe his parents). He literally zombie walked through life as nothing.
That changed when he was summoned. His life was given purpose, meaning and something close to love and caring.
Which then changed back when a group of random other people appeared and did not kill the demon lord, but merely said that they would kill the demon lord. By simply implying that they would do what the person who was originally summoned was working towards, but had also not yet achieved, everyone who had been kind and brought him purpose and meaning to his life, suddenly forgot his existence as though he never existed... Bringing him not back to where he had been but worse off.

tldr; his life, his very existence, got NTR-ed by other heros showing up and claiming that they would do his purpose. (Not having done it, just saying that they would).

Supporter
Honestly, i'm here for the artist, without him i would've dropped this 3-4 chapters ago

Dex-chan lover
JFC author, just kill him off. Not every villain needs to have a sad background story.

Supporter
Idk japanese but the "author failed to make proper backstory to make us sympathy with villain" mighr be due translation?

The art make it more like they're treating him like proper person/family but the text keep objectlify them with NPC and worshipped thing and that might make him more scumbag than he should be ? idk.

and people keep saying he killing people where it's more like he simply knocked them up , ate "their root" and keep them coma(which yeah, sucks but it's not equal kill)

I gonna reread later but ain't hero acedemy is also in bad situation due to hierarchy of "success hero" and "failed hero" and "completed" the world getting them benefit of some sort of blessing hence why some douchbag come and "steal" it in the first place ?

like his situation, the "heros" is like smurfing acc who suddenly come to raid low level world and killing every monsters, get every materials and blessing before the world's hero(this guy) get it. yeah, his vent is not in good direction but it's also due to "hero" system at fault too.

that's why MC didn't show off his power in the first place and accepted the "failed hero" role cuz he and his cat feels something wrong with it (iirc, It has been a while so I might rmb something wrong. gonna reread it)

Added : Reread it. I was wrong about lots of thing.

main thing is "getting blessing via completing/defeating demon lord" is just outright misremember(prolly mix with others manga)

it's just unique skill, blessed by goddess who summonned hero and MC didn't get one because it was demon lord who summonned him.

and seems like the "root" was mentioned since Ch.1 . It's something that both hero and demon lord have and kinda forced them to act in certain action? (demon lord to mindlessly destroyed the world in mind and cat-chan successed in doing for 3k world until she gain(or regain) her own ego and want to end her endlessly act and summoned MC and MC helping cat-chan by devour part of her root via sword ability then this "villian" also ain't diffrent from MC that much in the sense? the "root" thing seems like the plot point that author set it up for something big later.

Btw, the "raiding other's hero world" reason is more silly than I thought tho. it's just for freaking acedemy point lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I know that those villagers were just so happy that they were finally safe, but the fact that not even a single person stayed with him was a good enough reason for him to feel disappointed. Anyone would get hurt by that.

Well, he did consider them as mere NPCs, so it's hard to sympathize with him.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, the manga just dropped to a 4/10 at maximum! If we don't get an emergency loli it will rot!

Dex-chan lover
EDIT: going by the next chapter, that eater's ability is not as sinister and murderous as it seemed it was.
That somehow makes this situation even worse for me, as if someone was propped up as a devil, but was only a nuisance at the end. A very tame and lame ending, fitting.

In hindsight, did he actually kill people? No I'm not counting the douchebags posing as heroes. I need a reminder if he actually killed like innocents.

I don't remember if it was Appy or GD, and whether the translation was right or not, but he said he killed demons when he was saying his kill count for his extra lives.

Because honestly if his kill count victims were only monsters and those douchebag asshole "heroes", I'm not that hung up on seeing him being despicable.

People hung up on him saying he wanted to be worshipped, but the panel of that little girl saying thanks and stuff and all that feel good, it feels more like he just wanted to be loved and have a home he belonged to then it got all taken away from him by the douchebag and the people abandoned him like trash.

Like his motivations/personality got corrupted over time, and he's screaming these things when deep inside he's just lonely and depressed, so he's just lashing out in revenge and anger.

The fact that so many people updooted this comment is staggering.
Like 2 chapters ago, you saw fallen soldiers collapsed on the ground, which the hero-girl found, and as a result there was a whole fight scene which presented him as a murderer. He ate those soldiers.

Also, there's literally a scene where he regenerates his hand, and actual human heads pop out, screaming. You think those are monsters?
You cannot excuse "trillions" (absurd number but let's go with it) of deaths, and even if just 1% of those deaths are humans, we're still talking about a magnitude of -- trillion = 1,000,000,000,000. 1% of that is 10,000,000,000. I.E: 10 billion.
10 fucking billion people.
You want 0.01%? That's still 100,000,000 people, i.e: 100 million people.
The sheer absurd MAGNITUDE of a trillion deaths is not only absurd, if there's ANY level of percentage in there, it's going to be ENORMOUS.
I.E: This motherfucker is world-ending levels of a serial killer. You do NOT justify this level of a walking atrocity, as: "Well he just wanted to be loved!"

Ya'll need to stop justifying people who are an order of magnitude worse than Stalin or Hitler as: "they're just lonely!".

P.S: And yes, the fact that the author went ahead and pulled this shit, justifies the series being dropped. You cannot have these levels of cringe fighting scenes, and not actually go through with it.
If I'm going to continue with this series, imma just look at the pictures from now on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread