Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
As much as I agree that sometimes it better to just kill a very horrible person, sometimes it also better not to kill them for the comeback story.

Like if the MC is just a murder hobo that would be boring and we wouldn't have much character to like and enjoy, cause imagine if Goku killed Vegeta or Piccolo After he beat them.

I kinda sympathize with the villain. I too would stab the pricks who stole my 'stage' that I spend time and sweat to build just because I was a bit late on finishing it.
Was the dude even ”late" in the first place? These stories take place over the course of years, decades, or even a whole lifetime. For all we know, our dude was making record pace to solving the problem. Meanwhile, the "Hero Academy" or whatever just seems to assemble full strike teams to speedrun the worlds.
tldr; his life, his very existence, got NTR-ed by other heros showing up and claiming that they would do his purpose. (Not having done it, just saying that they would).
In fairness, they showed up having killed all his underlings by that point. Hence the pile of corpses behind them. They actually did rob him of most of his purpose by that point.
Also, there's literally a scene where he regenerates his hand, and actual human heads pop out, screaming. You think those are monsters?
Flip it around. You think those are Human souls? Like, the man has a trillion souls for his thing, you think he prioritized using the Human ones just to be extra evil? Even if he'd personally sterilized ten thousand worlds, he'd logically have way more monster souls than Human souls. Either he really likes burning through Human souls for shits and giggles, or the faces that show up have no actual connection to the exact source of the souls.

Like 2 chapters ago, you saw fallen soldiers collapsed on the ground, which the hero-girl found, and as a result there was a whole fight scene which presented him as a murderer. He ate those soldiers.
The only people he's explicitly threatened to kill are the "Heroes", and we've already accepted that they're generally dickheads, so we're OK with that. At this point, the biggest issue with his plan, far as I'm concerned, is not being more discriminating with his targets, since he hurt the nice girl, and fucked with the one BS immortal one.

Dex-chan lover
I'm usually one for "NO MERCY. KILL THEM ALL!", but this time, I almost get it, really.

Does he even actually say "NPC"? Also, he did his thing as hero. Literally putting his life on the line to help. And he got tossed aside, Woody style, the moment some random dudebros showed up out of nowhere.

I don't know that he's killed anyone. Also, the guy got tossed aside like an old rag the moment someone else showed up. Can you blame him for taking that personally?
True, he perhaps did not kill anyone aside from demons - at least not confirmed. It doesn't make him any less irredeemable though. According to the backstory, he was a nobody in his original world, but it doesn't seem like he got bullied or anything. He just wasn't popular/full of friends. Then he got to another world threatened by the attack of demons, and got to work with a power that at first glance did not seem to do much. He spent time there, got some praises and became the center of attention. Then other heroes appeared and quickly took care of what he had struggled with so far. The heroes also did not bully or harm him in any way. Neither did the people of this world. They literally were happy because their suffering was finally over. Then again, he came back and started doing the very same thing to other worlds: Going there, getting the DL slayed. At some point (not exactly known when) he also got to take the heroes power. Delivering judgment and punishment by himself. He looked down on others, manipulated and lied, backstabbed and seemed more than ready to kill the MC. If 99% of the heroes are assholes, he is definitely part of that 99%.

Reasons NOT to kill him:

1- Heroes are merciful

2- He strayed from the path because he got tossed aside

3- He only harmed the bad guys (?)

Reasons to kill him:

1- He took away from others for his own benefit left and right, seeking for more and more power aside from the consequences

2- He lied and deceived others in order to do so, getting them beaten and harmed near death in a vegetative state without the root of their souls, which would probably get them killed if the powers robbed did not disappear with their deaths

3- He got conceited and looked down on other heroes who shared the same fate as he did, including ones who weren't assholes but got in his way, trying to do what is right

4- He strenghtened the DL of the world so that it could beat the heroes, which also means more time alive that the DL could use to kill/harm more people before he got to it (No matter which reason for that is chosen, they're all selfish and bad)

5- He was more than ready to kill the MC if he had the chance

6- He only got some regret for his actions after all his lives where stripped, meaning that he wasn't sorry for what he did, but because he would have to pay for it, to face the thereafter.

7- He witnessed the MC using his powers, that could lead to his secret getting leaked in the future because there doesn't seem to be any kind of restriction, seal or mind control power in place refraining him from doing so.

Dex-chan lover
anybody that thinks the guy who was about to murder two young women and a cat in cold blood hasn't already killed another human in his 1 trillion murders please feel free to pm me because i have an exciting opportunity in bridge real estate i'd like to talk to you about

Dex-chan lover
Shit author has MC spare another villain who killed tons of people and does not deserve to live. What a crap story this turned into.
So many of you guys are missing the point here. Now that the guy isn’t a threat, the MC no longer cares about what happens to him. It’s no longer MC’s problem. I can’t believe you’re missing the whole “failed hero” motif the author is practically shoving down our throats. A hero would kill him because he deserves to die. MC just wanted to protect what he cared about. After the villain was rendered not a threat, MC’s goal was accomplished. I like that this MC stays in character unlike many other manga like this.

The heroes also did not bully or harm him in any way.
That's a stretch, considering how they are.
Neither did the people of this world.
Yeah, no, they just tossed him aside like an old rag- literally shoving him out of the way and trampling the symbol of his connection to them... mere moments after he had the happiest moment of his life. I mean, sure, I wouldn't call that "bullying", I'd say it's worse.
Then again, he came back and started doing the very same thing to other worlds: Going there, getting the DL slayed.
Yeah, it's no wonder the guy would go in search of purpose after it's stolen from him. He could easily have pulled a Hell's Coming With Me right then and there.
1- He took away from others for his own benefit left and right, seeking for more and more power aside from the consequences
You consider that a reason to kill him? Theft? I mean, I'm with you that thieves should be killed, but I just wanted to make sure.
2- He lied and deceived others in order to do so, getting them beaten and harmed near death in a vegetative state without the root of their souls, which would probably get them killed if the powers robbed did not disappear with their deaths
I'd agree more if the "people" he beat weren't overwhelmingly jerks.
3- He got conceited and looked down on other heroes who shared the same fate as he did, including ones who weren't assholes but got in his way, trying to do what is right
(y)
4- He strenghtened the DL of the world so that it could beat the heroes, which also means more time alive that the DL could use to kill/harm more people before he got to it
He didn't strengthen it blindly. He literally strengthened it for the fight. As in, while he was there to do his "hero" job. The guy is otherwise about as dangerous as usual.
anybody that thinks the guy who was about to murder two young women and a cat in cold blood hasn't already killed another human in his 1 trillion murders please feel free to pm me because i have an exciting opportunity in bridge real estate i'd like to talk to you about
We're all clear on the fact that he's willing to main/kill Heroes. They're overwhelmingly jerks. The worst we can say is he's not very discriminant

Dex-chan lover
Mehh, that a bad move from the author.
Let him regret his action and then kill him, that should be a better way.
Im done with this one.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
The fact that so many people updooted this comment is staggering.
Like 2 chapters ago, you saw fallen soldiers collapsed on the ground, which the hero-girl found, and as a result there was a whole fight scene which presented him as a murderer. He ate those soldiers.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/ab831535-2f09-453b-b58c-01af3194c0b9/9
he specifically says 'beat up" (not kill)
https://mangadex.org/chapter/ab831535-2f09-453b-b58c-01af3194c0b9/15
'has to keep them alive'
Also, there's literally a scene where he regenerates his hand, and actual human heads pop out, screaming. You think those are monsters?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/435f1d23-0847-48ab-a31f-952b7a0c15a4/12

shrugs, he arrogantly says they are, and they could be humanlike monsters like goblins/orcs/zombies/undead, etc.

not saying I truly believe that he hasn't killed innocent humans, but the manga does make it seem possible - or at least not that many

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's specifically not killing these people, because then he doesn't get their BS powers. He's also made it clear those are monster lives. You know, the abominations created by the Demon Lords to terrorize the respective worlds?
Well that's the thing. I don't recall it being mention he's taken the lives of innocents. Only demons/monsters. It would be EXTREMELY noticeable if he's killed innocent people in that number count. There's no hiding something like that.

He hasn't really killed anyone except monsters and douchebag heroes.

Which is another thing, did everyone forget the heroes are for the most part completely dirtbag supremacist cocky assholes who have no qualms treating others like shit and below them? Honestly, go him. At least he's beating the shit out of them when he can whereas MC is like [gets slapped, kicked to the ground, and insulted], "yes sir please give me more".

Come on....was I the only one who noticed he that he tried repeatedly to murder Both the sword girl and the hero of the world they are in?
Heck both of them would have been dead if the demon lord/cat hadn't disrupted his spell and later on healed the hero. That doesn't exactly spell merciful.
As for his power, he established that he left alive those from whom he stole powers, because it was necessary, for him to have to make that distinction I would assume that he has no qualms killing those who he hasn't stolen from. And finally, I think for him to know that he loses the stolen power of those that he kills means that he has at the very least, killed one of them and that helped him find out.

Come on....was I the only one who noticed he that he tried repeatedly to murder Both the sword girl and the hero of the world they are in?
If you actually read what's being said, you'd realize that Heroes are fair game here. His biggest sin is not being selective enough with his targets. But we'd be getting mad because this one time, the people he attacks happen not to be assholes. Everyone is clear that he's threatened to kill the hero girls. The guard/knight guys? Merely beaten up. And not for lack of ability.
As for his power, he established that he left alive those from whom he stole powers, because it was necessary, for him to have to make that distinction I would assume that he has no qualms killing those who he hasn't stolen from.
We don't judge people things they might hypothetically do in alternate timelines, under different circumstances. Well, most of us don't.
And finally, I think for him to know that he loses the stolen power of those that he kills means that he has at the very least, killed one of them and that helped him find out.
Alternatively, someone sees one of his victims in a coma and decides to put it out of its misery.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/chapter/ab831535-2f09-453b-b58c-01af3194c0b9/9
he specifically says 'beat up" (not kill)
https://mangadex.org/chapter/ab831535-2f09-453b-b58c-01af3194c0b9/15
'has to keep them alive'

https://mangadex.org/chapter/435f1d23-0847-48ab-a31f-952b7a0c15a4/12

shrugs, he arrogantly says they are, and they could be humanlike monsters like goblins/orcs/zombies/undead, etc.

not saying I truly believe that he hasn't killed innocent humans, but the manga does make it seem possible - or at least not that many

Having to "keep someone alive", while also crippling them, isn't any better, really. We also don't really know just how bad it is to "eat someone's roots", but at this point it's not worth digging any deeper.
I still think he's a character that can't be morally salvaged, but indeed it's not of a clear-cut case as I treated it, sure.

Dex-chan lover
Alternatively, someone sees one of his victims in a coma and decides to put it out of its misery.

What's more probable,
a) Him killing his victim thinking that he would avoid being exposed once his victim woke up.
(since he doesn't really have a way of knowing for how long they will remain unconscious without testing. heck even the sword girl has still no idea how her ability works and hers seems much more straight forward, than the power of conditionally stealing powers from other heroes.)
or
b) Someone decides to just outright murder a seemingly unconscious person, without really knowing what is wrong with them, what the cause for their condition is and if they can be saved.?
(heck we are talking about a hero managing organization meant to combat demon lords here, if I saw a hero with their "root" taken I would assume it was done by a new Demon lord, and would keep the victims alive for as long as it is possible in order to research a cure or countermeasure, but certainly not kill them).

What's more probable,
a) Him killing his victim thinking that he would avoid being exposed once his victim woke up.
(since he doesn't really have a way of knowing for how long they will remain unconscious without testing. heck even the sword girl has still no idea how her ability works and hers seems much more straight forward, than the power of conditionally stealing powers from other heroes.)
or
b) Someone decides to just outright murder a seemingly unconscious person, without really knowing what is wrong with them, what the cause for their condition is and if they can be saved.?
(heck we are talking about a hero managing organization meant to combat demon lords here, if I saw a hero with their "root" taken I would assume it was done by a new Demon lord, and would keep the victims alive for as long as it is possible in order to research a cure or countermeasure, but certainly not kill them).
B. Unless you think the literal first thing he did was go to killing, he'd probably have a pretty good idea of how long people stay under, if they even wake up at all.

Like, what do you picture the progression here to be? He gets his eating thing, nobody tells him how it works, and he suddenly realizes he's related to Crombopulous Michael?

Power Uploader
Average pussy Japanese writer. Someone needs to start a war with Japan again.

Dex-chan lover
He probably wouldn't have killed them and would just "eat" them since he can't use their abilities if they're dead. Also the 1 trillion lives come from demons he killed not humans.

In hindsight, did he actually kill people? No I'm not counting the douchebags posing as heroes. I need a reminder if he actually killed like innocents.

I don't remember if it was Appy or GD, and whether the translation was right or not, but he said he killed demons when he was saying his kill count for his extra lives.

Because honestly if his kill count victims were only monsters and those douchebag asshole "heroes", I'm not that hung up on seeing him being despicable.

People hung up on him saying he wanted to be worshipped, but the panel of that little girl saying thanks and stuff and all that feel good, it feels more like he just wanted to be loved and have a home he belonged to then it got all taken away from him by the douchebag and the people abandoned him like trash.

Like his motivations/personality got corrupted over time, and he's screaming these things when deep inside he's just lonely and depressed, so he's just lashing out in revenge and anger.
Pretty sure he needed his prey alive to use their skills, just they are in a coma. The 1 trillion lives were demon lives he didn't keep around for their skills.
I'm just gunna go out on a limb and say this villain arc was the author's critic of the skill eater trope hero, kind of a shallow bit though. Probably good if its ended quick. xD

Double-page supporter
Honestly I'm interested in how he even managed to obtain a trillion monster souls but was still not able to defeat the demon lord of his own world. Author should have capped him at 30-50k which is still an impressive number. Now the MC needs to have some even more ridiculous numbers to show the power scale.
his talent is better at building up to become strong since it's biased on stealing abilities from other people, creatures and things so he just didn't have a strong enough ability by the time the other heros showed up to kill the demon lord. kind of like playing a game and in your world you are around level 10. then suddenly a couple level 90 players show up and defeat the final boss in your world. yeah at the point he is now he is definitely strong enough to deal with the demon lord in his original world but back then he wasn't. also the trillion monster souls just means how many extra lives he got. that could very well range from the equivalent of level 1 mobs to level 90 mobs. like you can kill 1 trillion ants but doesn't make you strong. just takes a large amount of time depending on how many ants you can find and how many you can kill at once.

Dex-chan lover
Shit author has MC spare another villain who killed tons of people and does not deserve to live. What a crap story this turned into.
it is BS, unfortunately 90% most manga out there are like this

Users who are viewing this thread