Saikyou no Shokugyou wa Yuusha Demo Kenja Demo Naku Kanteishi (Kari) Rashii Desu yo? - Ch. 27

You'd think someone with the inspector class would be inspecting everything like they're playing Metroid Prime with the scan visor.

Also, teleporter traps and/or forced teleportation are horribly half-assed, lazy methods to artificially add suspense by forcibly separating a cast or team and/or placing people into direct danger.

Sure, writing "interesting" or meaningful filler content between major plot points can be boring and tedious, and forcing character growth through sudden high-stakes moments is a fairly popular shonen trope. (BnHA thrives on that stuff.)

But, you can only do it so many times before the narrative value of the story starts declining and people call out the author for his/her inability to write anything creative or interesting. Forced teleportation (and other similar methods of suddenly displacing a person or group, like ninja-vanish smokescreens) in particular can be extremely frustrating for readers when it's used to kidnap or otherwise isolate plot-significant characters from groups.

Didn't he just go through like 5 chapters of training to detect traps? How is he still this dumb? What was the point of all that?

Double-page supporter
@PhoenixStriker5251 What, you expect the MC to actually use his brains? Did you forget he's a japanese MC in an isekai story - he has no brains, at least not when you'd actually use them.

Hey, I just thought, what would happen if he uses this when Claude's busy? For example, sleeping or using the bathroom. That would be fun to see lol.

@dextersTomato @HDMI1 yeah i think this god could either be one of the gods that hasn't been mentioned or more likely the blank section on the god compass (chapter 25 page 26) in the church as the great god said she's waking up so this might suggest that this is the god for the blank section on the compass on
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1009614/26

Dex-chan lover
What is it with those protags and being unable to follow instructions?
Something simple "let it go" anyone would release on instinct but noooo... argh.

Fed-Kun's army
@mahtan - Well it looks like Ivel put another trap on that teleportaion stone where he couldn't let go of the stone when he first grabbed it. Even if he instinctively wanted to drop it right away, he still grabbed the stone in the first place.

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake Honestly, it felt like it started to go downhill sometime between the time the elf left and when Claude joined the party.

@Manga-Titan Thinking out side the box: he's got regeneration magic so...just cut his hand off. That would have been pretty hardcore but this series could use some more of that. Sadly, as others have mentioned, this is all just a setup for the MC to meet the sealed goddess without the rest of the party.

Dex-chan lover
The way this whole series is based around the premise of him being able to inspect things and yet this dumb motherfucker inspects literally nothing that'll come back to bite him, lol.

It's funny, the premise of properly valuing an inspect skill is cool, how many series just tack it on and undervalue it... and yet the series that just tack it on actually use it more proficiently than this MC.

Double-page supporter
I'm so mad at Hibiki for touching the gem without Inspecting it first. Fucking idiot. They've been talking about the sus overpowered wolf & he still didn't think anything's amiss at all. What with the sus girl from earlier. There's a limit to being good guys. Naive isn't a good trait in anything at all. Hope he learns to grow up from here on. & learn from Seiya Ryuuguuin for once /:(

Edit: He even made the main god overworked for him & it undid the sleeping curse for the sus god......................................... Hibiki's clearly not the best candidate as a chosen one /:( Also the good gods are kinda slow & naive too. UGH. I'm just a bit glad this chapter is the most current upload. Lemme read something else to vent off my steam.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh the MC is... When he first got the fruit thingy from Ivel, he didn't inspect it first. Then he had to be explicitly told to inspect traps. And now he didn't inspect the gem before touching it.
Also, I'm surprised that he had to be told about summoning Claude. I thought it was obvious from last time.
Well, he also couldn't figure out by himself about the effect of his decreased connection to god in dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread