Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tensei-ki ~Geboku no Youkai-domo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowasugiru n da ga~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

@cor3zone Did you read the lines I transcribed and what you just wrote? You literally just contradicted yourself

You got everything wrong!!!
THE MONSTER APPEARING NEAR THE CITY WAS BY CHANCE, THE MONSTER ENDING UP AT THE MANSION WASN'T BY CHANCE, IT WAS THE MC WHO BROUGHT IT THERE!!!
THE MC WOULD'VE DEFEATED THE MONSTER BY DEFAULT!!!
IF THE SERVANT KNOWS WERE THE MONSTER FLED THEN THEY CERTAINLY DO KNOW FROM WERE IT CAME!!!
THE MONSTER DIDN'T FLED BACK TO THE FOREST, IT CAME FROM A DIFFERENT PLACE AND THEN FLED TO THE FOREST!!!

So go read the chapter again and this time PAY EXTRA ATTENTION AT EVERY FREAKING DIALOGUE LINE!!!

@cor3zone What you just showed me is exactly what I told you two comments ago

https://mangadex.org/chapter/908279/38 The last panel shows the monster right after being driven out by the MCs father, the evidence the black smoke coming from it

https://mangadex.org/chapter/908279/10 and https://mangadex.org/chapter/908279/11 the servants are saying that the monster might appear at the mansion if it continues going forward after being driven out of the forest, but the monster being driven away from the city might

https://mangadex.org/chapter/908279/38 You just wrote that the monster going to the mansion was by chance, and the MC says very clearly that the monster going to the mansion wasn't by chance

So what all this point to? Is that the MC didn't have any involvement with the monster going to the city, but the monster going to the mansion was because of the MC

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chappies!

lol, not sure why I was surprised by how he orchestrated the newt, it wasn’t a high schooler that got ran over by a truck, our MC is a, probably, ex-Imperial magician

I like how black-belly MC is with all that scheming and not mr-nice-guy pushover using that origami-twisting curse technique, yes~ I like this kind of anti-hero MC and it's uncommon in isekai unless it's revenge-themed.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I wonder what are his motivations, he got killed by someone who he cared about so he decided to reincarnate, and obviously he wanted to get back at the middle brother for constantly bullying him, but apart from that, i don't see anything else besides living a second life.

@entity_101 Yeah, seems like the monster somehow appeared in the city - defeated by father - run to the forest - found by the MC - herded to the mansion - defeated by the MC.

But the one in the mansion didn't hurt much, so maybe it's 2 different monsters? Maybe the panel showing that he searched the monster in the forest is just searching, it's not that monster that is being herded to the mansion, because he seemed hurt already. Or maybe the MC healed the monster?

@cor3zone depends entirely on how calculated the move was, something he was planning for months, he had it hit the village
In the chapter 'large monster appeared NEAR the city'
This would imply it was on the border and didn't go inside
the 'i need to hurry' part, he he was a phycopath that would have been a far different line/scene

for brevity
psychopath is someone who lacks all emotion
sociopath is someone acting in extreme anti social ways

these describe the brother quite a bit better than mc, at worst what mc did was a calculated risk.

*TYPO* Chapter 1.2 page 27

(Let me ask you Grey. What have accomplished "You did/do" in the past few years?)

@Moth Yeah, I noticed that too, but we are only told of one monster, and maybe there was a time gap of one or two days between the monster appearing on the city and appearing at the mansion

Dex-chan lover
@alidan
For brevity, neither psychopath nor sociopath are actual diagnoses. And they are not what you stated.

@entity_101
I want to point out something. Page 38, the "smoke" you mentioned is not a smoke at all. It is actually the monster's tail (You could see the tail on Page 15). If it was a smoke, I find It awkward to perceive it as a smoke when we already saw what the tail looks like. Now with that in mind, the author didn't specify when MC driven the monster out of the forest, whether he herd it out of the forest which leads to the city first or herding it after his father's encounter.

However, the maid that reported, said first that the monster has appeared near the city before saying that the monster is in the forest and perhaps going to the mansion. So based on that, what i think of it is that MC planned the monster to attack the city first, and he SOMEHOW knew that his father will repel it instead of killing it and SOMEHOW knew that the monster will run all the way to the mansion instead of somewhere. That is some amazing "calculation" if ever can call it one. He needs to actually lead the monster after the repel but there are no exposition said specifically regarding that so who knows if its some prophecy level prediction or not. I find this whole thing to be lacking of exposition.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the mid brother is a really bad trashy villain character lol XD how can a character be this one dimensional.

@FalcionVD Now that you mention it, yeah in page 38 it actually looks like the monster tail, and from what you explained I can get your thought line

But from the lines that we get, I formed the following:
A) The forest and the mountain are connected
B)To go to the mansion one can reach it by first entering the forest and then going along the mountain

We know he set up his spirits on the mountain to make a monster go to the forest, and with those two points the monster would end up at the mansion before appearing at the city

And in a logical way sending a monster to the city go completely against what he said about everything being planned, and not by lucky chance, because first, someone who can repel the monster needs to be at the city, in that case, his father, and second, the monster could need to flee towards the forest, but still being able to flee to some other place, so we have two chance-based problems

Now go by the following thought-line, the MC needs a situation that he will be rewarded with whatever he asks, he needs witnesses to prove his feat, we are never shown him leaving the mansion area, so by a logical standpoint it's more believable and makes more sense to send a monster to the mansion, were he is, instead of the city, where he isn't, and there's also a chance of the monster fleeing at the opposite direction of the mansion

So, in the end, sending a monster towards the mansion since the beginning makes way more sense than sending to the city and then have it go to the mansion

@entity_101 I can see that. It does make sense when you put it that way. We don't know if he can only control the talisman all the way to just the mountain but if he could go further to the city, he would've made the effort to do plan everything from the start and sure fire it instead of just searching just the mountain for one. Think i'm fine with that conclusion. Would've loved more context. Maybe next chapter we get some perspective from the father.

@FalcionVD Yeah, we still don't know the true extent of his powers, but he did say that he only set his spirits on the mountain, so it's safer to say that only the mountain and the borders of the mountain were actually under his plan scope

Users who are viewing this thread