Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tensei-ki ~Geboku no Youkai-domo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowasugiru n da ga~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.3

Isn't remembering your past life/reincarnating kind of shit if your overall intelligence, adaptability, and awareness all regress to match your physical age?

Isn't this how most people write these things? It's so obvious, but really frustrating. Authors should just clearly state that their mentality regresses to match their current body, instead of vaguely proclaiming that the main character "has the memories and knowledge of his past life" and leaving much to be irritated about.

Very rarely is there a main character that has the actual mental capacity of their past life's age.

@A31D31N

Seems like most authors handwave that stuff but don't let the previous person's age show through as much.

I think that's kinda why Mushoku Tensei gets some slight shit because since he's reincarnated he is in fact some 30+(I forgot the age) otaku dwelling in a child's body. With that baggage it does bring up the uncomfortable ideas of pedophilia and grooming. But honestly because it does show us that stuff instead of handwaving it, it does make it my most favourite isekai.

Dex-chan lover
"The lord has the right for the first night"

My isekai knowledge cursed this statement.
From what i learned during reading several isekai's, the lord also had the right for the MILF's nightly activities too...

@A31D31N
Maturity is subjective.
A 13 years old class prefect is usually significantly more mature than a 40 years old drunk who is having his mid life crisis.

MC is an anti-social autist who paved the route to his own betrayal and death so expecting him to have any social skills in his second life when he didn't even try to learn any during his childhood is a bit out there. He could easily ostracize his bully of a brother by screwing his socially because that dude is an arrogant idiot who fall for any scheme but he didn't because he never had the skills to do so. Nor did he shown any intention to learn and fix his deficiency.

Dex-chan lover
@MavB_Ver I was referring to the ToC in mangadex, not the raws. It says "ch.5", followed by "ch. 5.3", without a 5.2 inbetween.

@A31D31N
A good portion of any person’s active personality is dependent on their current brain chemistry. This is why people who get treatment for clinical depression can function better. This is why teenagers going through puberty short-circuit and give in to hormones. This is why people can have a stroke and then suddenly have a severely altered personality. And this is why people can find themselves acting very differently while under some medications (I have had to deal with this first-hand, all while thinking to myself “Why the hell am I acting like this?”). Add into the mix that there’s no set maturity level for any given age, and the idea of a character’s “mental age” is completely ludicrous.

Throw an adult’s mind into an adolescent body, and that mind is still going to have to wrestle with the same crazy chemical cocktail that a normal teenager does. They might be able to rationalize their way through some things easier, but it’s not like age itself was what caused “maturity” in the first place. It’s that age eventually brings along changes to that chemical balance.

Put another way: put an experienced stunt driver into a car with no brakes, they might be able to avoid the worst mishaps, but they’re still not going to be able to control the vehicle well. Sure, they can plan for turns and stops if they have enough advance warning. But if something happens suddenly (a pedestrian appears, a traffic light changes, another car does something unexpected), that driver is going to have a hard time coping.

Fed-Kun's army
@feha
They compiled two chapters into one, the content is not missing.
Solution 1: compile this .3 into the previous chapter. You wont get notification of this.
Solution 2: split that chapter into 2. Unnecessary though.
Solution 3: leave it be, they chose to do this, and may eventually compile it into full chapter in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread