Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki ~Geboku no Youkaidomo ni Kurabete Monster ga Yowaisugirundaga~ - Ch. 21.3

Dex-chan lover
The 'cane sword' is just their term for sword that also can act as magic staff for casting.

Dex-chan lover
That fake chanting should have disqualified the duel. The man is obviously skirting the lines and exploiting things to have his way. What a coward.
Yeah, I get that he's not technically going against the rules, but it's definitely going against the spirit of the duel, especially when the rule he exploits for an advantage is one made by his own servant. Not to mention, he literally did use magic (you can see it forming in his hand), he just didn't actually fire it off.

Dex-chan lover
Cane is offen the translation for magic wand/staff so so a cane sword could be a sword that also acts like a wand

Supporter
Can I just say that the brother really mellowed out some thanks to the military?
He might be doing some sneaky tricks, but he's still upholding the rules of the duel
He is matured a little, looking back at what has been done in the past

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

A trick that still within the limit, quite smart...
@.@...

N, is she the Queen or the Princess?
(OωO )...

Double-page supporter
Amiyu lost again? And so stupidly, to add insult to the injury. Dafuq, author?
That's the whole point. As hero, Amiyu is incredibly weak because Seika thwarted all life-threatening situations that allow her to grow.

Double-page supporter
3f69ca8afbc777dacf5877d2ac5b1dc5.gif

Dex-chan lover
The 'cane sword' is just their term for sword that also can act as magic staff for casting.
Which is also aesthetically different looking from wooden training swords, which is what they seemed to be using. If the original author says that's what they are, the only thing that could've happened is the mangaka doing the adaptation messed up, or the editors insisted that it be changed to training swords.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I get that he's not technically going against the rules, but it's definitely going against the spirit of the duel, especially when the rule he exploits for an advantage is one made by his own servant. Not to mention, he literally did use magic (you can see it forming in his hand), he just didn't actually fire it off.
technically it forming is only here in the manga it's unclear if he was only chanting in the original work or was forming it as well in the LN and WN so that is only up to you to decided but from the way I saw it he only under the barest minimum was casting it he didn't even focus it into his hand

This is why i hate this kind of manga, somehow the first group of the main character friends is strong at the start but somehow become weak, like the beast tamer exiled from hero party, eiyuu kyoshitsu, or boruto and many more.
At least if she gonna lose show us at her best form first so it's understandable, not to this stupid reason, i think she have more battle experience after her journey with the mc to see through fein attack and if it even a real chanting i think he is strong enough to withstand it or even cancel it. Come on author-san

Ree "cane sword"
In SCA heavy weapons combat, basically all weapons are technologically like training weapons in stories like this. In paraticular, SCA rules mean that weapons are made of rattan—which is a kind of cane (the plant) which is often used for large structural parts of wicker furniture. In that sense, "cane sword" might be "wooden sword, except it's not wood, it's rattan-like cane".
Even if that's the case, I've never seen any rattan weapons that shaped the material in so much detail as to make them look like a wooden practice sword or live steel blade.

Dex-chan lover
Which is also aesthetically different looking from wooden training swords, which is what they seemed to be using. If the original author says that's what they are, the only thing thats that could've happened is the mangaka doing the adaptation messed up, or the editors insisted that it be changed to training swords.

If you go back to 21.2, you can see that rectangular handle on Amiyu's sword even before she pulled it out.

She's using her actual cane sword.

Dex-chan lover
Probably over thinking 杖剣. 杖 can be cane, but it can also be stick—or stick sword in this case. It’s definitely not a cane sword as they’re concealed weapons. Author could also just be an idiot, I’ve come across a few.

Users who are viewing this thread