Saikyou Yuusha wa Oharai Hako: Maou ni Nattara Zutto Ore no Musou Return - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Hero Goes To See The Spirit Beast

Dex-chan lover
This story is dumb, how do you manage to cut out all the bullshit and say "oh how touching".
It's a story about how the author divides people in bad and evil, having humans represent just pure unfailing evil, no motivations other than selfishness and evil. While having these "non humans" represent all that is good to the extreme, trusting forgiving, sharing, loving, whatever the fuck you want, basically inhabitants of heaven.
And then you take a stereotypical fat guy (note that seeing the life and genes of the MC, he could not possibly at all in any way (unless he has got some actually illness that causes it) have such a body) and stick it in, but no, being illogically fat and ugly wasn't shitty enough, the MC needed to start out even worse off because?... So he also spend his first half of his life raiding and killing these super nice creatures that clearly never did anything scheming or even rude even to their mortal enemies because he was ordered to by obviously corrupt royalty and only questioning it after making sure that evil had completely crushed all the good "non humans" resistance.
Making sure that once the story starts the MC will have the maximum amount of people depending on him for every little thing so he can be the "hero" that saves them all, even though he's the one that crushed them into the pathetic state that needs saving in the first place.
This is basically stockholm syndrome the story, take away their power and life only to insert yourself and make them dependant on you for everything. None of you commentators have a problem with this? "he didn't mean to do it", what kind of bullshit is that, he did it, fact is fact, he wasn't mind controlled, he wasn't a zombie, he did it, and now he's gonna get all the girls and be loved by all the people by "saving" them from their "horrible circumstances" that he created.

MC is the devil, author is a hypocrite.

@valve "wow im so woke and smart, im not touched by this chapter because the author suck !1!1 i can make a better manga than this !1!1!"

Dex-chan lover
@acar I typed a real answer to your shit, but it felt like giving you too much credit so I'm just gonna say, you do not seem to be the brightest lightbulb.

Even after reading the novel this scene is better in the manga, they did a splendid job

Group Leader
Like a fkn brood parasite... "you killed my son but now you my new son."
article-2007630-0CB12AC600000578-315_634x602.jpg

Contributor
I was worrying we were straying into harem-collection trash-land from here out, and then suddenly this.

Honestly, this scene just about makes the manga. It is not the best version of this moment ever played out in fiction, but it intertwines with the ongoing theme of acceptance (the seeking, denial, and finding thereof) that this manga is built around, in a way that is actually rather profound.

I feel bad for the orc father but at the same time i can kinda see what he trying to say.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm dropping it because I really do not care much for the retarded ecchi love-story subplot but the author could've really made a good story revolving around the MC dealing with realizing humans aren't as good as he thought and humanizing the people he was at war with. Unfortunately the author really didn't flesh this part of the story out as well as he should've so it feels really fucking cartoony villainly for the humans and all of the demi humans are goody two-shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread