Saint Seiya - Next Dimension - Ch. 118 - Final Episode! Wind Toward the Future

That's it? You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me there will be a new arc soon. We haven't even reach the Zeus arc yet 😭.

Dex-chan lover
This is the crappiest season finale since the conception of Saint Seiya decades ago.

118 chapters and 18 years of basically nothing; probably worth only 4-6 OVA episodes.

Or perhaps Kurumada got Jojo'ed ,
"I shall do that, too," he thinks.

(Jojo resets everything at the end of sixth arc)

Last edited:
Contributor
Uh? Underwelming and unconclusive ending, it feel like all the battles till now were meaningless. It remind me the crappy Wedding Peach OAVs after the main serie, where all characters decide to lose all their moemories but regain them when a new enemy appeared (and only heroines). Hopefully is not the end and more is coming, but i think the author will take another huge pause after all these decades.

This is almost the same ending as the movie "Saint Seiya: The Heaven Chapter." I thought Kurumada would change the memory loss aspect, but I guess this is how he always thought the prologue would end: with them losing their memories. Then the Heaven Chapter really begins. Maybe this time, we will finaly see the new armor that was tease on the ending.
overture-is-a-piece-of-art-imo-v0-v2k5dxvmdaua1.png

Group Leader
So, this is a way to say that tere will never be a heaven arc?

Well, I'm used to be dissapointed in Kurumada, so it is what it is

Dex-chan lover
He received help from other authors (from Saint Seiya spinoffs to boot) in order to release these last batches, perhaps he will reconsider his aging and work with one of them like Toriyama did with Toyotaro. Several of these Saint Seiya derivative works have ranged from decent to great on their own terms so it could be a way to continue the story as "Saint Seiya Super" for that last push or as a fail-safe in case Kurumada suddenly died

I still stand by my opinion that B't X is still and will keep going to be Kurumada's real magnum opus: It is a very powerful story that has everything Kurumada wanted to do with Saint Seiya, but wasn't allowed to in his Shonen Jump days; he could publish the manga from start to finish without any hiatus, and he even helped the animators at Kadokawa in writing the story for the B't X Neo OVA.

With that out of my chest, I don't think this is the end. For one thing, there's the conversation between Artemis and Apollo that didn't happen in the movie. And Apollo, while looking really pissed off, actually seems to be a decent fellow this time around. He's mentioned as being biased on justice and punishing Touma for being too violent. Kurumada's vision of Apollo kind of reminds onf Nento from the Houshin Engi/Soul Hunter manga.

Thanks for the translation!
A similar ending to the Overture movie, so I guess that was the idea all along.
Let's hope we get news of a new arc soon.

Dex-chan lover
This is almost the same ending as the movie "Saint Seiya: The Heaven Chapter." I thought Kurumada would change the memory loss aspect, but I guess this is how he always thought the prologue would end: with them losing their memories. Then the Heaven Chapter really begins. Maybe this time, we will finaly see the new armor that was tease on the ending.
overture-is-a-piece-of-art-imo-v0-v2k5dxvmdaua1.png
In a sense I rather prefer Overture than this whole manga, if it rather was going to end like this anyways there should have been a more concise story leading up to it (like Overture) rather than go all the way around and make a story about the old war that got the same ending.

Dex-chan lover
bro just wanted to end it but couldn't rack his brain cells for a proper storytelling. this is fucking sad because I've been a fan for 20 years and this is how it all ends. Honestly episode g requiem is the best version of saint Seiya I've read so far. just goes to show that author was fed up and came up with whatever. I'll never hate this series it was part of my childhood.

Dex-chan lover
Instead of just rewriting Overture like he wanted to be without Toei interference, he got jealous of Lost Canvas and decided to do his version of the precedent Holy War and his version of Overture at the same time, failing both with a 118 long series that could have ended in 30.

Got axed and had to rush and decided to make a "fuck you" funny thing is he was against tenkai overture ending .

Group Leader
Kurumada seethed so hard at Tenkai-hen movie and Lost Canvas's success.... he decided to make a worse version of them LMAO.
I'm so fucking tired of gold saints and hades
this Apollo's confrontation should've been the chapter 1 of this new series, not the final.
what a fucking waste of time.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Lost Canvas is way better, it's not even close. Kurumada art is still underwelming after all these years, only the cloth are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread