Sakusei Byoutou Zen-nennrei-ban - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
This is the pinnacle of not quite terrible enough. Every time I read it, it is terrible and I see that I should drop it. But then it keeps being not quite terrible enough. So I have to read it again some more :cry:

Dex-chan lover
Giving alcohol to an over-intox pt. aside, Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) was assessed improperly. For the first of three criteria (eyes, verbal, motor response) you need to check whether they react spontaneously, to sound/verbal commands, to pain (trapezius squeeze or pressing the barrel of a pen against a fingernail works), or unresponsive. Both verbal and motor response were not assessed, but assuming over-intox, we can say either inappropriate words or sounds.
EyesVerbalMotor
6N/AN/AObeys Commands
5N/AArticulated/OrientedLocalizes to Pain
4SpontaneousConfusionWithdraws from Pain
3Reacts to Verbal (fluttering)Inappropriate WordsDecorticate (Flexion)
2Reacts to PainSounds/MoaningDecerebate (Extension)
1UnresponsiveUnresponsiveUnresponsive
Inappropriate words would be something that doesn't make sense, such as saying "Banana popsicle carnival!" or something of that measure, and NOT just screaming obscenities which would be entirely appropriate for someone in large amounts of pain.

For motor response, "Localizes to" means that they are trying to guard or protect any area that pain is being inflicted to, and "Withdraws from" means that they are trying to get away from whatever is causing them pain.

Decorticate posturing, or flexion, is easier to remember if you think of the keyword "core", as they will appear to be guarding inward. Think clenched fists and arms flexed towards the body.
Decerebrate posturing, or extension, goes by the keyword "celebrate". Their arms will be extended outwards, away from the body and their wrists will be flexed outwards.
24969-decorticate-posturing
For this example, the Pt. should have a GCS of 1/2/4(or 5) for a complete score of 7-8. This is bad, because anything at or less than 13 is grounds for calling an ambulance right away, and 8 or less means that the patient may have trouble maintaining a patent airway.

Piggybacking off of that, the first thing they should have done is maintain the patient's airway after Level of Consciousness (LoC) was assessed. Assuming no suspected head/spinal trauma, rolling the Pt. into recovery position and performing a finger sweep to clear vomitus would be the intervention to take...not attempting to introduce fluids (especially with solids included with a stick) to the Pt. Giving them more alcohol is the least of what's wrong with this.

They eventually got the right idea in the end, but still, Jesus Christ. How have they not killed anybody yet?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Tachibana has a damn good reason to down so much alcohol.

Dex-chan lover
I want to kiss Tachibana and tell her it'll be ok. She deserves to have her boobs and butt massaged after everything that happened. And I'd be more than happy to help her relax.

Thank you for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread