Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Defense Against Calamity

Dex-chan lover
Bit of an anticlimax, seeing something that hyped up get dropped like a mook.
It kinda makes the scene that should show the power of the demon king fall a bit more flat than it should.

Dex-chan lover
Bit of an anticlimax, seeing something that hyped up get dropped like a mook.
It kinda makes the scene that should show the power of the demon king fall a bit more flat than it should.
I think it went over quite well, actually, given we've seen the relative limits of what would be the next-strongest group in the immediate vicinity (the 4 Heavenly Kings).

This as a comparison, especially since he seems to have expended quite little effort, shows the Demon King as capable of obliterating a mountain-sized magical creature (specifically mentioned to be a "calamity" / kaiju which would devastate a region on its own) with no more than, say, a minute's worth of preparation (at maximum, I doubt it's even 30 seconds) and blocking / absorbing an attack that looked capable of about the same.

Dex-chan lover
Cool, Demon Lord. Now, next point in the agenda:
"Techniques & Spells Naming Class: How NOT to sound like an 11-years-old edgelord."
And I'm afraid attendance is mandatory, m'lord. You need it, ASAP.
He's literally the demon lord, I don't know what you expected.

Camalmity vs. Gigadeath sounds like a hardcore metal album.
(After Earthquack last chapter now Camalmity; I prefer the typos here over the correct words)
Chapter soundtrack went from À Tout Le Monde to Heaviest Matter in the Universe

Dex-chan lover
why am i not surprised that the calamity can shoot beams from its mouth

and now i wanna see a spin-off story about the Demon King's origin

Double-page supporter
Camalmity vs. Gigadeath sounds like a hardcore metal album.
(After Earthquack last chapter now Camalmity; I prefer the typos here over the correct words)
Fixed it. Thanks again for noticing it.

Dex-chan lover
His behavior made me think he has some huge limitations/restrictions in his ability to do things, making the four heavenly kings that much more important, since they seem more like normal folks.
I hope he does, cause otherwise it'd seem like he was prolonging needless deaths by this fortress for the sake of grandstanding moments like this.

Dex-chan lover
I hope he does, cause otherwise it'd seem like he was prolonging needless deaths by this fortress for the sake of grandstanding moments like this.
Looks very much like the Demon Lord actually cannot do small fry like the wyverns, or even the dragon.
At least... not without rearranging the countryside miles around... with all the devastation and death that brings.

That attack was incredibly strong, but also slow and relatively easy to avoid by something small, nimble and flying fast. Like those wyverns. Or that dragon.
You don't use a nuke to get rid of a gnat... And it looks like the demon lord's minimum output starts at about one Hiroshima...

Dex-chan lover
Looks very much like the Demon Lord actually cannot do small fry like the wyverns, or even the dragon.
At least... not without rearranging the countryside miles around... with all the devastation and death that brings.

That attack was incredibly strong, but also slow and relatively easy to avoid by something small, nimble and flying fast. Like those wyverns. Or that dragon.
You don't use a nuke to get rid of a gnat... And it looks like the demon lord's minimum output starts at about one Hiroshima...
I dont mean him cleaning up the smaller ones, but them using their power to go straight for the big one when the wyverns clearly werent preying immediately but taking them elsewhere that it was evident in the report mc recieved. You'd think that omnipotent or damn near close to it would mean they've got special eyes and or a 6th sense for "calamities" (which they did kinda show, teleporting immediately upon the dragon waking up) that they could've addressed this far earlier.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s always a joy to work for a competent boss that acknowledges your capabilities, gives you credit with your own reports, and can will a 4.5 megaton payload into existence upon your enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread