Samayoeru Tensei-sha-tachi no Relive Game - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - Operation Start

Group Leader
@ikancucut thanks! i totally agree, that's why i decided to pick it up, otherwise isekai isn't my usual genre of interest, haha!
@mimisan thanks! loved the colored pages too!!!
@Simpleton yw!!!
@Haru_2 if i can make you feel happy by replying, here's one more time, haha! seriously, just happy to see your comments, and i try to reply to everyone who addresses me directly as much as i can!
@DrWhoCares i like leaving it untranslated, like a few other things. it's a subjective preference. just like i could translate -san to miss or mister or something un-characterizing like that.
@TheGodEmperor np!
@Lee-Nyan indeed, that woulda been my idea for a translation, but D'Te's personality just fits the ara ara all too well, not gonna pass by that opportunity 😄

@DrWhoCares this is not some trash american comic. just because YOU lack an appreciation for the japanese language or manga styles doesnt mean that the rest of us should suffer idiotic translations. things like Ara Ara or honourifics or certain sound effects should be left untranslated because they carry more nuance and meaning than you appreciate.

Group Leader
@mimisan You really have no idea what "ara ara" is, or how to translate, do you? Leaving "ara" untranslated is just some stupid thing weebs do.

@DrWhoCares with every reply you make you're only further exposing your bias and closed mindedness. Translation doesnt mean everything needs to be written in english or worse americanised. Some things will always be lost in translation that way so people who read manga ought to learn a little about the source material.

and you seriously think calling people weebs is an insult at a place like mangadex?

Group Leader
VtRifg3.png

@DrWhoCares sometimes nothing, sometimes you lose insight into the personality of the person, or their current state of mind when saying things. Sometimes you lose the ability to infer the mood of the person and so on. It really depends on the context. Considering that english is very different from japanese, replacing it with an english expression may not carry the same weight. It's far easier to simply leave it as Ara or Ara ara. Maybe its something you dont care for, but I do, and plenty of other people appreciate it too.

@danke you are a funny man. Nice effort at making that pic, though your tossing of silly insults completely goes right over what ive said. Also 'japanese soundingness' you think you are smugly brushing aside is part of the medium. If you cant be bothered to pick up some basics of the cultural quirks the medium originates from, you should stick to DC comics or other american media rather than read manga. Or perhaps go for the officially licensed, localised versions of manga instead.

At the end of the day it certainly doesn't negatively impact people who don't know what it is, while giving value to people who do.

Group Leader
@mimisan i personally think like you. i appreciate you taking the time to put into words pretty much what i think.

@DrWhoCares overall, all i can think of is that that kind of thing is subjective to the TL working on the manga, to a certain degree. if i was to go as far as @danke caricatured it, i wouldn't argue about it, it would be too much, 🤣 , but I mean, when it's about the subjective choice of letting some expressions translated or not, i mean, give TLs a break, lol! i also love putting some easter eggs here and there when i can and whenever someone notices and comments about it, it makes my day 😇 but that's just me. but that's the thing. it's my take on TLing.

now, i love getting feedback or suggestions, and i consider all of them, but please don't ostracize anyone for sticking up to some of their subjective choices 😨

Group Leader
@mimisan It certainly negatively impacts people who know what it is, because anyone with any idea of how to translate would know that absolutely nothing is lost by translating "ara".

What's the nuance that I'm missing here?
SmartSelect_20210228-201842_Firefox.jpg
What's the nuance I'm missing here?
SmartSelect_20210301-072955_Discord.jpg
What's the nuance I'm missing here?
unknown.png

Group Leader
@princess_daphie You actively and intentionally degrade the quality of your work by leaving "ara" untranslated.
The only reason I even bother mentioning it is because it's such a simple thing to fix. If you're going to steal someone's work and reupload it, the least you can do is a decent job at it.

@DrWhoCares at this point I don't even know what you're going for anymore, randomly picking and choosing some shots not even related to what we're talking about.

You actively and intentionally degrade the quality of your work by leaving "ara" untranslated.
Like seriously, get off your high horse man. Your opinions and preferences are not the only way let alone the right way to do things. It doesnt require fixing. You are simply trying to shove your preferences down others throats.

At this point i dont see any purpose to respond about this anymore. You have your head up your arse and think your preferences are somehow the best/correct way, ignoring what others prefer. Keep doing what you're doing man, but don't preach like your some sort of authority that dictates how manga should be translated.

So in what chapter do they finally get to Anor Londo to fight Ornstein and Smough?

@danke hey you should churn these out on a daily basis! Give me something to laugh about every morning!
Still not able to grasp the point i'm making though ;)

Whoa there!, was just enjoying this manga and i wanted to check out the comments to see what their theories an jokes are but we have a debate/fight going here lmao. As a reader that has no fucking knowledge about japanese and as a student that still doesn't know how to construct sentences perfectly all i can say in this translation is good because it is easy to understand and the A.R.A A.R.A(that's how the reaper says it) is very basic knowledge to everyone and im pretty sure that most people here in the manga community knows what it is but then again you can use "oh my", and it's also okay with me. Translator @princess_daphie Thanks for the hard work i saw you translate other manga's too don't mind these people below me cause each person has their own opinion. I actually think your translations are always awesome! Cause i already seen a hell translator aka Google-san and S2Manga and i know you're better than them. Again thanks for your hard work!!!

P.S I don't get what Kikyou-san did to Mc. Is it Good or Bad?

Group Leader
@JUSTadICE thanks, i'm happy you're finding my translations approachable and enjoyable, that's my goal from the start! as for Kikyo, i don't think she did anything specific after all, it's just that her face and her brand glowing seemed ominous when Manatsu fell asleep in her arms. i've done the next 2 chapters by now, and it's still not 100% clear if that will have any impact on the story, so keep on reading with me 😁

Users who are viewing this thread