Samenai Machi no Kissaten

Dex-chan lover
So I'm starting to think she's not dead, or not yet, she's just in a semicolon. Or a comma. Something like that.

Were there any translator's notes explaining what weak flour was? I thought it was some sort of typo for 'wheat' the first time I saw it, but the translation uses it regularly so I guess not.

Also, tfw you track down a group that has no credits page on an aggregator site and get the idea to google the details behind their not-typo from their comments section.

Group Leader
@Halteclere
I thought about putting a TL note about it, but it didn't seem to be something too cryptic/beyond a google search, so I decided not to.

@Halteclere weak flour has a lower gluten content compared to other flours- strength is determined by gluten- so it has less elasticity and absorbs less water. Its good for cookies, crepes, pastry and cakes etc. Not bread, although some recipes do call for this type. Cake flour is a weak flour. Pastry flour is weak too but has a higher gluten content. Sorry if this explanation isnt what you were looking for ?

@Jujureads
Lol I know that now, since I went all the way here and got the idea to google it from this comment section. It was a bit out of the way and I wonder why I didn't think of just googling the trivia first, but at the time I was wondering if it was a transcription or translation error.

What I wanted to say was that I would have appreciated that info being inside the manga itself, as that would have spared myself the trouble. Not that it was any trouble at all to find this place; maybe I'm just a bit spoiled from being used to having tidbits that aren't common knowledge being noted down somewhere in other scanlations.

Dex-chan lover
her being in a coma seems highly likely, and she's stuck (?) in her dreams and slowly dying (?). And the gramps knows that he's part of her dream and wants to keep her there.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Nitpicky thing, but if the scanlator reads the comments, they need to change the demographic to Josei instead of Shoujo. It's classified as a josei manga and runs in a josei manga magazine.

Group Leader
@Ichigo69
Huh, is matogrosso josei? I've never bothered to check, I guess.

Anyway, just in case anyone's curious, second volume's still a ways off. My guess is somewhen next year. I don't really feel like doing the web-raws since they have absolute ass for resolution.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I forgot i have been read this story. Thanks for picking it up

Users who are viewing this thread