Samurai in Another World - Ch. 20

Contributor
C

Circe is a someone famous as a witch that make people turn into pig.
What is Hades 2?
Ahm
Since unfortunately my joke was not one that you could appreciate sir I will now explain it in full.
Hades is an isometric roguelike that was released back in 2020 to rave reviews and awards based on the Greek mythos. A week and a half ago, the long expected sequel "hades II" was released with all new characters including their spin on the witch Circe.
Alongside the release, an interview with the creators of the game was released where one of the questions was "do people ever think you invented the Greek mythos" which while answered negatively, the creators did state that people would assume that they had indeed invented the protagonist of the original game Zagreus despite him actually being an obscure child of the god Hades that was indeed present in Greek literature.
In summary, my joke was to apply the same logic to the character Circe and sarcastically assume that it was an invention of the studio rather than a character of myth. This also stood as an in-joke that could be understood by those who had experienced either hades I or II.
Unfortunately this type of humor falls under the band of "referential humor" which can seem alienating and confusing to those who are not in on the joke, most likely the origin of your comment (unless you, too, are acting under a layer of irony)
I hope you enjoyed todays episode of explaining the joke, that’ll be all for today folks.

le3

Dex-chan lover
wait.... usually when you humanized a mystical animal in manga, it usually will become a loli or a shota right? Why is he a gramps instead!!! :angery:
0/10 chapter I'm dropping this series :nyoron:

Page 29 panel reminds me of those old comic where they put like 9 panel in a page.

Dex-chan lover
i will never be an isekai orphan who's being raised by a succubus ero-elf sexo nun
why even live ;_;

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Also, Dwarf blacksmith acquired?

Dex-chan lover
Man this manga is my guilty pleasure. Such a simplistic concept yet its so great.
There's no guilt here. This is a genuinely good manga. It knows how to pace, it knows how to characterize, it knows how to show a mystery and let you try and figure it out before telling you, it's a refreshing take on a common concept, and its got a really great and engaging plot.

This isn't isekai trash, some LN that got a manga adaptation and doesn't know how to actually build a world so it relies on the work done through popular games. This is an actual-ass Manga. Enjoy it.

Ginko seemed like she was having fun fighting door guy
Cause she was. Ginko loves to fight, and wants to die in battle. The wish that brought her here was one where she could finally die a warrior's death. It's one of the twists that makes this such an interesting manga, because most of the time if there's cultural clash its between the more egalitarian transported character with a more rigid and oppressive world. Here, the last time humans have fought each other is beyond the living memory of even elves and dwarves, the idea of killing or even hurting another person is deeply disturbing and even when characters are threatened they don't like to even entertain it.

Ginko doesn't give a shit. Ginko wants to die. Ginko has killed so many people she can't remember them all. Ginko has an utterly insane worldview that, while familiar to us because of our understanding of Bushido, is appropriately shocking and horrifying to the people around her, and takes the demons by complete surprise too. She'll cut her arm off because she owes a debt. She can't be moved by hostages because she's sure the hostage wants to die because they were captured. When the goblins fused together to create the goblin king, she was like "hey now it's not fair let me do this alone cause there's only one of them." She has attempted to commit sudoku already. SHE KILLED HER DAD IN CHAPTER 1 THAT'S HOW SHE BECAME A SAMURAI IN THE FIRST PLACE

While Ginko is our protagonist and our window into the world, we see ourselves reflected more in the people around her. Good folks who don't want to die but are willing to fight to help others. Inquisitive and kind scholars, people trying to make up for what they see as past mistakes, people who train to try and keep the ones they love safe. It makes us root for them, and root and care for the world. Then there's Ginko, who hugged the severed head of someone she killed because he said she, too, would one day die in battle and that was just the nicest thing anyone could've ever said.

Of course, the manga doesn't need to dwell on this. Because it actually knows how to characterize people and pace a story. You can even forget that our main character's entire motivation is to get herself killed, because the adventure is so gripping and alive. But that she's totally bonkers is one of the strong points of the manga, and it will show itself whenever she gets to try and get killed.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i will never be an isekai orphan who's being raised by a succubus ero-elf sexo nun
why even live ;_;
hey, at least you're not an isekai kid who's imprisoned as a hostage and living in constant fear of being eaten by monster

Users who are viewing this thread