Sandlands: A King is Born

Want to read the chapter already?

https://m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/sandlands-a-king-is-born/list?title_no=571213&webtoon-platform-redirect=true

Go ahead! :)

The art is clear enough, with some exciting compositions and character designs that look different enough. The writing is a bit on the leisurely side — in the beginning of a story like this, I’d want to get to a hook more rapidly. This is especially true because most of chapter one is spent on what appears to be just a story, so readers don’t know what they should be anticipating in chapter 2. I kept reading because of the character designs and the effort put into the compositions, and because the end of chapter 3 has a good hook that chapter 1 didn’t really have. Regardless, the creators should be proud that they’ve made something interesting, easy to understand, and different from the norm.

7 hrs ago
The art is clear enough, with some exciting compositions and character designs that look different enough. The writing is a bit on the leisurely side — in the beginning of a story like this, I’d want to get to a hook more rapidly. This is especially true because most of chapter one is spent on what appears to be just a story, so readers don’t know what they should be anticipating in chapter 2. I kept reading because of the character designs and the effort put into the compositions, and because the end of chapter 3 has a good hook that chapter 1 didn’t really have. Regardless, the creators should be proud that they’ve made something interesting, easy to understand, and different from the norm.

Thank you for your excellent feedback @Jojojo365

The world we've created is massive and we decided to take, as you said, a leisurely route with the story because of this.

It will take a while to get this train going, but in our opinion the ride is going to be well worth it. We have an ending in place since this story ties to an animation we are also currently working on that takes place after this on the grand timeline. What we're debating currently is how much we can sandwich in between the beginning and the end and sort of anticipate this story to take quite a while to finish with our current pace.

We always appreciate people taking the time to give some good feedback! Thanks!

I really dig the effort in world building so far, not rushed but not slow either. Look forward to more.

Users who are viewing this thread