Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu - Vol. 8 Ch. 91 - Saotome Senshu, Knock Down

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't look like either of them are happy with the stupid KO terms.

Double-page supporter
tbh I think the series started to loose its charm.

Hasn't lost its charm, this is basically a transition to the next major story arc

Contributor
@Stan-Miller I'd say that this chapter should've been named "knock down" rather than "knockout"
Since what she's done is a knock down, rather than a knockout

Dex-chan lover
@boag
Fight choreography shouldn't be a given, it should be aspiring to reach if not effectively surpass that level.
This series has yet to make characters as compelling or developed as Mashiba, Sendou, and ESPECIALLY Vorg or Takamura. The only characters in this series with any real worth are the MC and his GF. Everyone else feels like they're still lacking a lot considering we're almost at the 100 Chapter Mark . Even more sad is most of the "rivals" introduced don't even feel like real threats.

Dex-chan lover
@0takuDragonSlayer
you cant honestly expect a relative newcomer to have better fight choreography than a pro that has been experimenting for over 10 years in the craft.

As for character development theres a simple test. look at the character when they started the series, and then look at the characters now, and see if they have had any significant changes in personality, goals, hell even traits.
Again ill will lok at the time running for both series as the measuring stick because one series is relatively new but has had several developments, while another has run a decade and the developments are less in comparison.

Dex-chan lover
@boag
Kengan Asura is was a new comer and it completely demolish most H2H Battle manga of today even when pure boxing is implemented. Being new, isn't an excuse to have sub par fight scenes.

I really hoping I aren't implying that the characters who develop faster are automatically better. Cuz that's the kinda logic shitty writers use to make characters do unnatural af 180's in personalities for their cast and call it "good character development"

Users who are viewing this thread