Saraba, Yoki Hi - Vol. 8 Ch. 33.5

Dex-chan lover
YOOO LETS GOOOOO, THE SENPAIS ARE TOGETHER! And i honestly dont understand how the mermaid story relate to this one

Dex-chan lover
Nice ending, I really enjoyed this manga, glad to see that both Akira and Keiichi found their happiness together in the end.

Dex-chan lover
This ending kind of sucked. Didn't address her misunderstanding of the cheating, didn't address that they'd still have to lie to everyone, didn't address him "not making her happy". It was kind of just drama for dramas sake and then a "and everything was okay."

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for translating this. I always worried that this manga would not be translated to the final chapter but here we are at the end. I'm glad Keichi mustered up his courage to admit his feelings and be with Akira .

Dex-chan lover
This ending kind of sucked. Didn't address her misunderstanding of the cheating, didn't address that they'd still have to lie to everyone, didn't address him "not making her happy". It was kind of just drama for dramas sake and then a "and everything was okay."
And the entire book is just a huge flasback of ch 1, other than what you said I wat to see Akira and Keichi live in the present, why every wincest ending, ends just like this

Dex-chan lover
how so ?
I think you missed the root of all the problem, or the whole point of the drama.

-The cheating is easy to clear up. is just a trigger event, not at all the main point of the conflict, so it could just tell off-screen. Never the point to focus on
-Have to lie to anyone. yeah. Not the main point, Also what else do you propose ? that just grounded and realistic. i dont think it ever show this is any thing that matter except for the go back and "make it right". which just mean live with your own right, doesn't follow just because social think incest is disgust. so just keep in house secret for now. don't need to change the whole world. that not something someone can did in one lifetime.
-didn't address him "not making her happy". It did, By address the root of the problem. that changed now. so you indeed missing the point, i guess

So what is the root of it all ? that is they both while mutual love each other, don't know how each other feel and so they don't know what to make out of their relationship and commit themself fully to go with this "newly married". They lie to others they are couple. But both just follow the flow, behind close door they still act like brother and sister and never really talk this out. So this whole "lie" is their own lie, actually. They both want it but at the same time just keep up the act on a whim on this "JUST TEMPORARY" lie, that can go back to brother and sister as you can see in the very final arc just now.
But now they done the baby making, tell they love each other. They did the marriage again now but actually fully commit to it. So yes, the ending do solved all the drama

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And the entire book is just a huge flasback of ch 1, other than what you said I wat to see Akira and Keichi live in the present, why every wincest ending, ends just like this
Potraying incest relationship in 'positive' light is illegal in Japan

Dex-chan lover
Well this manga was fun to read up until the whole misunderstanding. Even knowing that they’d end up together towards the end I just hated that we didn’t get more Aki and Kei moments. It was all drama, no room for relaxing moments. I feel like certain characters were introduced for the sole purpose of pushing the plot forward. Koutarou couldn’t mind his business, the author lady kissing Kei never made sense, and the mother’s sudden reappearance. I mean it felt so unnecessary and frustrating.

My biggest problem was the wasted time on characters that lead nowhere it seems. Gotsun is the main perp of this crime. I don’t mind unrequited love but so much of it led NOWHERE. He never confessed and just pushed Aki forward when needed. What changed in his character since the beginning other than realizing he liked Aki? It just didn’t feel necessary to have whole chapters dedicated to his Gotsuh where his poor kouhai is left irrelevant as well. I wish we got more out of his character.

Tamaki was my favorite girl in this manga. I enjoyed most of the scenes with her but I felt like it really wasn’t necessary. There wasn’t any payoff it feels like. I wanted to see her confront her Mom or address her past trauma from those boys but it never happened. She didn’t even start dating her senpai… It feels like so much more could’ve been done here as well.

If I am being honest, I really just wanted this story to focus on Keiichiro and Akira. I could’ve done without the rest of the cast. It is good to focus on side characters but here with so few chapters it felt like we got so little out of it. I much prefer Koi Kaze’s approach to this subject. Minimal focus on side characters but lots of focus on the two leads. I feel like the author could’ve done better with the side characters but maybe I am being too nitpicky.

Users who are viewing this thread