Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu

I totally, thoroughly, wholeheartedly, enjoy this manga from the first chapter till the latest update! My deepest gratitude for dear scanlator @4eyes @junontakeo

Group Leader
@Crim yep, it ended at five volumes. then it was renewed! the sequel is titled Satou-kun no Makai Koukou Hakusho and has 3 volumes. mangaupdates lists that as ongoing, but i'm not sure it's accurate. i know the author has another series running now, so it's possible they're not working on satou anymore. volume 3 was released 3 years ago and ends pretty conclusively.

This is the hidden gem of MangaDex. This and Gokushufudou are the only manga that can make me laugh this much. Please, please keep the chapters coming, and thank You for these ones.

Thank you for updating once again! The fact this manga is finally being translated after all these years is one of the few things keeping me sane nowadays.

Double-page supporter
I remember reading this back in the day; some elements really didn't age well. Big content warning for how the torture teacher Odelie Lawson is used as comedy relief. They are ostensibly trans, but they're portrayed as a effeminate pervert (way too clingy, stalks MC's dad, "call me neesan instead of uncle" stuff). The terminology in the translation is super outdated as well. It's uncomfortable.

Dex-chan lover
they're portrayed as a effeminate pervert (way too clingy, stalks MC's dad, "call me neesan instead of uncle" stuff).
It's a personality trait, it's not like other characters make fun of him for being who he is and make fun of his gender...

I think author is making fun of such personalities like always pursuing beauty and romance to the point of stupidity by pushing the personality to the extreme, but it's not like you need to have a specific gender to do that, don't you ?
Being a pervert isn't selective only to a specific gender either.

I feel like you dislike this character's intended behaviour, which isn't related to his gender at all ? I mean any person with this behaviour can get annoying regardless what their gender are, it's not that him being trans plays an even more important role in that annoyance, right ?

I'm curious what you think about theses thoughs of mine. :coffee: :)

Users who are viewing this thread