Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement - Ch. 81 - Travelling alone is full of danger!? - Part 2

Supporter
After Mitsuha’s splendid logic comes now “the loli logic” if there is a loli working at the counter the it means that: “This inn is seifu!” A sure fire selection logic!

Dex-chan lover
What she did wasn't necessarily undeserved, but despite the rudeness it was terribly undiplomatic. A messenger taking a bullet is still a big deal.

Dex-chan lover
Innkeeper: Immediately reported presence of important customer to the lord. Handed private room key to lord's messenger without a second thought.... GUILTY!

Messenger: Without even knocking, immediately used the key to barge into a woman's locked room.... GUILTY!

Lord: Upon finding out about important person in his territory, immediately sent messenger to her.... NOT Guilty... probably.

I don't know why people are hating on the lord here. It's understandable he would get excited and immediately send a messenger to invite her over in an attempt to win her favor... or even just to brag that she had visited his home, regardless of what she thought of him. Since the messenger was (rightfully) shot and never even finished a proper sentence, we'll never know what sort of message the lord sent.

Dex-chan lover
How to ruin a person's life without firing a bullet, with the option of firing a bullet

Dex-chan lover
Lord: Upon finding out about important person in his territory, immediately sent messenger to her.... NOT Guilty... probably.
Well, he is the lord and he picked the messager. He is at least partial responsible. (Not "partial" because he is indeed the lord.) Even if he didn't mean ill and just wanted to share some nice cups of tea. If he is all wichy-washy and picks such people as representives, he's also bad for his fief.
You could also excuse the messager: Maybe his daugther brought home her first boyfriend and he didn't like him, putting him into a sour mood and making him short tempered. It's still not excusable.
We can also assume the innkeeper didn't force those infomation upon the lord (while it might be a possibility to curry favor with him), but it's more likely the lord "nicely" asked him at some point to inform him (, which I also might have done in his place, now that I think about it).
Welp, in the end it's still: lord's hire, lord's responsibility. Those are the rules of feudal systems, alright.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, in the end it's still: lord's hire, lord's responsibility. Those are the rules of feudal systems, alright.
She left before the lord even finds out what happened.

We don't know if the lord is an arrogant asshole and has power-tripping asshole messengers, or if the messenger's brain stopped working because he was overly excited about inviting the Thunder Shrine Maiden Princess to visit the lord's residence.

It's fine for her to make the lord take responsibility for the actions of his messenger... but he never gets the chance. His entire life is basically destroyed, and the only words delivered by his messenger were:

1. Shri
2. GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
3. ah.. uh... I...
4. ah...

The innkeeper got what he deserved though.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the messenger know what he was doing when he open that door, if not, that is sad af.

Guy literally:
  • got a message from high-up to deliver message.
  • bring sword since status symbol (lord's messenger)
  • got to place, inn keeper just hand key & the go-ahead.
  • might as well
  • open door
  • got shot
  • accused of being rapist/assassin
  • got maken fun by pass-by for being incompetent assassin by attacking in broad daylight & later by guard for getting destroyed without being able to do anything
  • land in jail
  • wut just happen

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, with how strange & stupid the whole situation was, I actually doubt the Lord of the area got a hand in this. News deliver too fast, messenger too fast, is he even from the Lord? I'm thinking maybe there is a rival Lord, ambitious 2nd in command or scheming merchant. They got the info, they fake/intercept the info to the Lord, they get the Lord & inn paint in bad light. People love lightning princess. Drive the Lord & inn out. Install new Lord & new business. Profit.

Power Uploader
What she did wasn't necessarily undeserved, but despite the rudeness it was terribly undiplomatic. A messenger taking a bullet is still a big deal.
Do they even know what bullets are yet? They'll probably think it's some kind of curse lol

Is this manga somehow messed up the chapter from chapter 34? because when I look at bookwalker (just looking not buying) vol 6 start with different chapter. So I confuse right now (doesnt have any effect on the story, just me annoyed)

honestly, it seems like the messenger was just trying to do his job but got shot and jumped before he could. he couldn't even get a word out before being accused and dragged off.
full blame for all of this lies on the innkeeper giving him a key and essentially misleading him.

Power Uploader
Is this manga somehow messed up the chapter from chapter 34? because when I look at bookwalker (just looking not buying) vol 6 start with different chapter. So I confuse right now (doesnt have any effect on the story, just me annoyed)
gonna be honest mate I have absolutely no clue, I just rip raws from a rando website

Now I feel bad for that knight that was just following orders, and now has two bullets in his body

Users who are viewing this thread