Saving the Villain from the Heroine - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Contributor
I love how I can't even tell what's going on in these tests, how severe they're actually supposed to be, or what on earth people are thinking as she bemusedly wanders through them without encountering trouble. I am left just as clueless as the protagonist.

I'm confused is there a reason why she could drink all that poison and be fine? With the original poison it made sense since it was specifically to target magic users but these poisons were seemingly normal poison that just kills people. how the heck did she drink it and be perfectly fine

@karzak

Somehow I get the feeling that:
1) Either these poisons were fake and the real one is 'the antidote'
2) the antidote was in the sweets

OR MC is really immune to poisons somehow

In Chapter 5, I gave my summary of what I thought happened because honestly, this manhwa has no sense of pacing and what even is the plot. So I guess I'll continue it here, but I'm still gonna butcher the names because I'm lazy. I'm really just making this summary so I have a way to organize all this new info from the chapters.

So Liena, the blonde girl who tried to assassinate her fiance a while back and is also the FL is probably still alive and free somehow. It's either FL plot armor or she just has the Crown Prince, assumed to be the ML, on her side.
The white-haired guy's name is Ferze Eckart, and he's the Duke of Eckart who recently broke off his engagement with Liena because she tried to assassinate him. Also for some reason, he's watching over Ciel although he's a Duke and he has his own territory to govern and probably more wars to fight.
There are 3 family members in the Visenna family:
- Duke Eustia is the black-haired blue-eyed guy and he's an ancient being cursed with immortality. He and his family recently became aristocrats but they are so physically and magically powerful that they're practically monsters and even the royal family considers them a threat.
- Sharkis is the eldest son and he is the black-haired guy with red eyes that went to pick up Ciel. It's unknown if he and his brother are also immortals like his dad but it's assumed they have some supernatural abilities since both of them can take a lot of poison without dying.
- The 2nd son hasn't shown himself yet, but it's probably the blond in the cover art. He's been referenced a bunch to be a "wild dog" so I assume he's gonna be the rambunctious brother type and either actually tries to kill Ciel when they first meet or pretend he's gonna kill Ciel when they first meet just for fun.

So what happened with the plot:
- Sharkis takes Ciel to the Visenna estate and Ferze tags along. Apparently, the Eckarts and the Visennas have secretly made an alliance with each other because both of them are considered threats to the royal family and the royal family wants to limit both of their powers.
- Ciel meets Duke Eustia and he decides to give her a test before she can officially become his adopted daughter.
- Ciel has to go study about the Visenna family, which considering the head is an immortal from the time of dragons and cannibals and still only has 2 children, isn't really that much. Also, she has the knowledge of a reincarnated novel reader so she knows everything already.
- For the first test, Eustia asks Ciel about their weakness. But this is a trick question because, at this point in time in the novel, the Visenna have no weakness because Eustia is immortal.
- From reading the novel, Ciel knows that eventually when Liena marries the Crown Prince [he's totally the ML] and becomes the Empress/Queen, she will discover a weakness
- Apparently, there's this magic golden goblet only royals can use that will somehow kill Eustia although his body regenerates and stuff.
- So Ciel bullshits her way through by saying fire can kill them and gets Eustia to let his guard down so she can impress him with her cleverness
- Next Ciel has to endure 5 poisons, and she fails if she takes the antidote even once while she still has poison to drink. Somehow she makes it through all of them and doesn't show any symptoms. The only notable thing is that all the poisons are so disgusting that she wants to throw up.
- Duke Eustia then asks Ciel if she wants to become a "monster" indicating that he is willing to accept her into the family as long as she can also keep up and maintain the Visenna family's image of being supernatural monsters.

Honestly writing these summaries are kinda fun. I think I'm gonna do more, plus it makes it easier for me to understand what's happening if I put it down in this form.

@Hilo-People

Thank goodness for your explanations lol. If I hadn’t read your first one I would’ve dropped this because sometimes I feel like whoever made this was said “Plot be damned, let’s draw some pretty faces!” I was wondering though, you said Duke Visenna has 2 kids. The elder and second son. But I remember Sharkis mentioning a little sister once before when he first met Ciel. He made a comment in regards to how Ciel isn’t afraid of him, saying that even his younger sister doesn’t like being around him or being held by him, something to that effect. But even here, Duke Eusta is only mentioning the two sons. Did something happen with the younger sister. Or I wonder if it was just a mistranslation and it was supposed to be younger brother.

Users who are viewing this thread