Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Group Leader
I'll be uploading all the chapters, but I'll take a while... so I hope no one is in a hurry to read it.

Contributor
The rules explicitly prohibit uploading official scans. You can use fan scans, but that's it.

Group Leader
So it's ... something illegal against something even more illegal... Should I stop uploading the chapters?

This one of the manga that i started reading when i was new to manga but i never finish and i already spoiled myself of the ending i am still shook but at the same time i guess it makes sense since the fuuka have always been out of place sometimes but yes childhood manga

Dex-chan lover
It's probably fine to upload the first to eight official volume because Del Rey is defunct. But I heard it was shitty, so whatever.

Aggregator gang
I used to read this back in middle school and I just like the art and bizarre stories, but rereading it made me realize that it's actually quite well written. You can see a lot of literary references like Fuurano Kafuka (Franz Kafka), some children stories (daddy long leg, etc), and even some theory and essay (chinese war strategies, etc). The humour is more of a critic and rants but sometimes they are funny enough to make you blow a bit of air through your nose.

I might wanna read this again one day.

I've read the original Del Rey releases years ago, they included pages of translator's notes which is very useful for a satire manga like this, I think some translated interviews with Kumeta and his editor, and even SZS reader fanart from the magazine it was published in.
You'll have to compare these scans with the official release to see if they're worth replacing, but Del Rey is long defunct, so I believe it's fair game to upload the first eight volumes hereCorrection: I think Kondansha got the rights to republish those old translations. There were only five more English volumes officially released after that, but they were by Kondansha USA.

Group Leader
I don't understand what's really going on in this manga. It's enjoyable nonetheless but I don't get the references

Users who are viewing this thread