Scarlet Star - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - After School Activities

Supporter
thanks for the hard work, I am interested where you will take the story next.

Now I do not know the reasoning behind the large white band on top and bottom of the pages but they are maybe a little to big and take space that the art could cover when limiting the page height to the screen, make everything smaller for not a lot, now I also think it is nice to have them frame the page but maybe a little on the smaller side would be nice (or maybe I am talking out of my ass and their is a good reason why they are the way they are)

Hope you have fun drawing :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
This series really has some heart to it!

You really have a knack for balancing the dialogue with the paneling. When to have exposition, when to let things speak for themselves.

Pages 25 and 26 are just chefs kiss perfect at conveying emotion without any dialogue. Even just subtle things, like the affectionate/encouraging shoe bump.

I honestly felt more reading this chapter than I have with reading some entire series.

It's just so captivating seeing an unsteady hero struggle with the duty/responsibilities of the mantle, and how the mentor/old generation helps them find their footing and take a moment to just breathe and let it out.

No judgement or condemnation for mistakes or mistaken ways of looking at things. Just patience and understanding, because she has been through those emotions herself, and knows he can be a true hero too.

Her having faith in him, even when he doesn't have it in himself.

Which is part of what makes her a compelling hero. It's simple to just beat baddies(particularly with super powers). But it's much harder being someone who reaches out to others, whether they deserve it themselves. Much harder to take the blame of others when you are not guilty. To reach to someone who has negative traits and give them a chance to change and be better.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing where this story goes!

Users who are viewing this thread