School of Streets

Unfortunately I don't think this is gonna be very good. Though the subject is interesting the execution is poor. There's a lot of telling rather then showing. We're told the dance is good but we're not shown it.

Which is pretty hard considering it's still images but I would've liked a technical frame to frame breakdown on the moves but we don't get that. It just happens, people react and we move on to the next scene. We barely get to see the dances which is what this manawha is about.

We don't even get a symbolic impression of what the dance is evoking. Like what am I supposed to take away from this dance in particular. Now I'm not saying I need stars and flowing cherry blossoms and shit but like they just shuffle around and people are wowed.

Like for the scene where there in their mascot outfit I was expecting them to actually show a dance that would draw in the crowds. Instead, it's just glossed over and we get told they were successful.

Missed opportunity IMO and Mangas like Skip Beat and Glask Mask just do it better, and they're not even about dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread