School Zone - Vol. 4 Ch. 79 - S-So am I!

Fed-Kun's army
Kishiya with her hair down...
...ok, I can now cross that over from the wishlist.

Matsuri's in freefall into that rabbit hole and there's no bottom in sight. She'll need to pull a minor miracle if she wants to get into Seirin... (EDIT: because according to my recollection, two standard deviations and over means being in the top 2% of the sampling) But what's their age difference? Will Kishiya graduate before Matsuri can get there?

Dex-chan lover
If she gets her heart broken I'm not gonna be able to deal with it T-T

Dex-chan lover
Fuck I'm scared... This that one manga that it's just giggles all the time but then there's a serious and realistic chapter and everyone starts to cry.

Like, gal. You don't know if she's even gonna be single by the time you get there. If it is possible that you can get the qualifications in the first place...

Also, being direct now isn't gonna accomplish anything either so...

@Serenata I think most of the comment section shares the sentiment.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I have trouble figuring out what the tone is supposed to be here. Is this supposed to be funny or sad as heck?

Fed-Kun's army
@Raknasuu That's what I've been wondering about. I'm totally unable to figure what the author's endgame on this might be. On one hand this is almost completely a comedy manga, so the mood should be towards hopeful. On the other hand we have these whiplash SERIOUS BUSINESS chapters where people deal with their emotional issues. If this was less of a comedy I'd be betting against Matsuri as she's setting herself poorly thought-out life goals while floating in an emotional high.

Dex-chan lover
@Anomander

This is definitely turning into a darker comedy that revolves around more trascendental themes (Identity, lack of communication) than just the giggles.

It says a lot that a chapter like this has more people worrying over Matsuri than saying how much they laughed.

Oh. I've run out of chapters.

That crane game girl reminds me of some sort of deranged zashiki warashi. She is quite funny to watch though.

@Anomander
I'm totally unable to figure what the author's endgame on this might be.
There might be no end game. The author could be drawing whatever comes to his/her mind and letting things unfold in whatever direction feels right at this very moment.
You know, in writing there are two author types - "Pantser" and "Planner". This one could be Pantser.

God I love this girl, she's so messy and sweet, her awkward existence helps me so much. Reminds me of Kobeni from CSM a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread