SCP tte Nan desu ka?

Do you know how great I feel or how I am litterly standing at the peak of space being the first commment on a future peak manga? I am honestly honored more then anything I have done.

Do you know how great I feel or how I am litterly standing at the peak of space being the first commment on a future peak manga? I am honestly honored more then anything I have done.
Do you know how great I feel or how I am literally standing at the peak of space being the first to reply on the first comment on a future peak manga? I am honestly honored more than anything I have done.

Dex-chan lover
So it's a manga about 2 guys making manga about SCP but the guys don't really know what SCP is and the SCP foundation doesn't appear in it at all? Who wanted this? Why make manga about SCP if youre gonna turn it into a generic horror manga? Wait actually why make manga about making a manga about SCP and they turn it into a generic horror manga?

This better have some twist at some point because 2 dudes drawing manga about SCP while ignoring what makes SCP an SCP doesn't seem that interesting in the slightest. Screwing around with the meta for meta's sake seems kinda lame without proper payoff.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i really wanted to like this, but it's just basic illustrations of some SCPs with a metanarrative of two guys introducing the SCP universe
too much source material is lost and nothing is gained from them adapting scp articles; they don't try to make a tale or anything

So it's a manga about 2 guys making manga about SCP but the guys don't really know what SCP is and the SCP foundation doesn't appear in it at all? Who wanted this? Why make manga about SCP if youre gonna turn it into a generic horror manga? Wait actually why make manga about making a manga about SCP and they turn it into a generic horror manga?

This better have some twist at some point because 2 dudes drawing manga about SCP while ignoring what makes SCP an SCP doesn't seem that interesting in the slightest. Screwing around with the meta for meta's sake seems kinda lame without proper payoff.
Took the words right out of my mind

This is pretty frustrating to read as an SCP fan, because while it shows potential, it feels like the manga is taking away almost everything that makes SCP articles special (for me at least). The report format is thrown out the window, every SCP covered somehow feels more generic than in the original article (I'm guessing the fact they don't include the SCP foundation's perspective at all in the story is partly to blame for this), etc etc. Honestly if they wanted to stick to more conventional stories, they should've just adapted some tales.

Currently up to chp.4 as of writing this, and I'm really hoping there's a plot twist where the manuscripts written so far get rejected and the 2 protagonists learn that they failed to understand SCP's writing style and revise their manuscripts, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

I like the meta narrative though, and I think it's a pretty good way to introduce context for readers unfamiliar with how SCP community and website operates (Though admittedly I am a sucker for metanarratives).

Ironically, Oversimplified SCP does a better job at introducing SCP and its brand of absurd horror than this manga (as of chp.4, hopefully that changes), despite its more comedic and unserious tone and art imo. I highly suggest reading that instead to anyone who's interested in an introduction to SCP's writing style, or watch TheVolgun or The Exploring Series on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread