Scripts Thread

Fed-Kun's army
Share your awesome scritps here bois. any scripting language should do,
even powershell. but if you do post powershell scripts ima point my fingers at you madly.

Rules:
1. be sure to provide a description of what scripting language is it and what it does.
3. in code; be sure to add comments of what it does.
4. no funny bussiness like encrypting code with base64 or im gonna whore to MD staff to ban your account.
5. be sure to keep it relevant, as long as it has something to do with manga/anime is fine I guess.
6. Add Spoiler Tag. see here
7. to avoid filling this thread with possible requests; another thread will be made
if this thread is helpful/active/interesing.

A Bash Script: will search folders recursively and change jpgs disguised as pngs to pngs and vice-versa then use cjxl to lossless encode all jpgs/pngs. if an image has a jpg/png extension then it will append (JPG).jxl or (PNG).jxl
Bash:
#!/bin/bash

shopt -s globstar # search folders recursively for .png files and changes them to .jpg if thats its correct file extension
for f in *[I]/[/I].png ; do
  if [[ $(file -b --mime-type "$f") = image/jpeg ]] ; then
    mv "$f" "${f/%.png/.jpg}"
  fi
done

shopt -s globstar # same as above but for jpgs
for f in *[I]/[/I].jpg ; do
  if [[ $(file -b --mime-type "$f") = image/png ]] ; then
    mv "$f" "${f/%.jpg/.png}"
  fi
done

shopt -s globstar # search folders recursively for pngs and encode them losslessly while appending (PNG) if it was a .png image
for f in *[I]/[/I].png; do
  cjxl "$f" -d 0 --num_threads=4 "${f%.*} (PNG)".jxl
done

shopt -s globstar # same as above but for jpgs
for f in *[I]/[/I].jpg; do
  cjxl "$f" -j 1 -d 0 -e 7 --num_threads=4 "${f%.*} (JPG)".jxl
done
This script werks just fine am not even a beginner and i feel proud.
if you can do better than me then quote me with a replacement.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: rdn
Double-page supporter
A Bash Script: will search folders recursively and change jpgs disguised as pngs to pngs and vice-versa
I don't mean to be mean (c) but why bother? You know linux don't give a fck about file extensions? Righ? Right???

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mean to be mean (c) but why bother? You know linux don't give a fck about file extensions? Righ? Right???
hng... libjxl can decode encoded jpgs to its original file. that means getting back the original hash. plus i don't like having images with the wrong file extension

Users who are viewing this thread