Scumbag System

Group Leader
The scanlator revised some stuff so I uploaded the revised versions.

@tailor31415 From what I understand of the situation, the manhua is on hiatus since the art studio was fired and a new one will be making the manhua now. Apparently, one of the reasons is because this manhua adaptation had quite a few errors. For example, Luo Binghe calls his master "Shizun" in the novel but in the manhua, he uses "Shifu."

Fed-Kun's army
@reika no, the reason is that one of the artists with the studio who made this chapter (but not personally involved in this project) posted negative comments about the author and netizens in China went on a campaign to have the project taken from the studio since they weren't "respectful" enough to the work.

Contributor
What was the drama anyways? Like, I get there are problems with the adaptation, but what kind of comments were made that would get the project shut down? If it's just about MXTX's writing, I would understand some criticism about that. Was it like about the author herself or something, cause that would be uncalled for even if the artist weren't involved with the studio

Although, if this were restarted by another studio, I would welcome some redesigns

Power Uploader
@Ceiye Yep, some of the comments were pretty personal like calling her "brain damaged". Here's an translation of one of the messages:
MXTX has to go damn to hell.
How many children's minds are destroyed by her vicious marketing?
How many healthy competitions are destroyed under her control of the fandom.

MXTX's fans also received a lot of hate. There's no criticism, only aggresive insults and it's been going on since June.
There's even a tag on weibo (#MXTXcriminaldetention or something like that) for people that think she should be detained for "gay propaganda" and the art studio apparently gave a like to one of the posts with this tag :/

But I agree with a bit of redesigning, since the art looked a bit flat. Okay, it's horrible and the transitions between "pages" are even worse, being so cut off in some places:/

Contributor
@Ashi:

Yikes! I knew the homophobia was quite strong in the China mainstream but it's pretty chilling to hear it translated in detail. :/

...Also, "propaganda". The irony is so strong—the pot calling the chalk black, as it were.

Group Leader
I would like to note here that "Scumbag System" is the actual, official English title of the manhua. It was not translated that way by the fan translator. Yes, there is an official English title in the raws. You can view the original yourself and you'll see that the manhua has the Chinese and English titles in the raw.

Oof, and just when i finally got into reading more of MXTX's masterpieces, I get the news that the adaptation is cancelled haha...🙃

I think I'll go take a nap; this world is just too cruel ...💀

@tailor31415 omg no...i just find this to know that it actually a drop project?...

Ah please dont do this zhiyen dajie and translator crew 😭😭😭

Group Leader
Anime info link - https://myanimelist.net/anime/38990/Chuan_Shu_Zijiu_Zhinan

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation. :)

I’m so sorry that for some reason this manhwa got on hiatus, even though this is my favorite of the writer’s three works. I'm looking forward the series. 🤩

Group Leader
Hi guys, I added the animated adaptation link. This is the official one with English subtitles. It's free to stream online but I don't think there's a download option.

Listen, I read quite a bit of the original novel, and I just couldn’t take it anymore. The premise is interesting, but the author makes it boring and repetitive. No to mention that the power creep is unnecessarily fast. This man is unparalleled in his ability to cultivate without putting in any effort, which’s makes for a super boring story.

@Zoeyoung It actually got cancelled. If you google it, there was a lot of controversy between the Chinese fans and one of the employees that worked at the studio making the webtoon. To be honest, the art wasn't good and I didn't find it all that faithful to the novel. Considering how much better the adaptations were for the author's other works, this one was disappointing. It's a shame between it was my favorite of the author's novels.

@Minona This plot is super, super common in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese novels. I've read dozens with the same plot that came before HameFura.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?! This was on hiatus / Was Cancelled ???

But just now I saw someone post Scumbag System Chapter 79 on Twitter !!

I wish this continued, I really enjoyed reading the novel and would have loved to see it drawn out.
(I have also watched the animation, but with Chinese censorship I think, should it continue, it will drop a lot of the best parts of the story)
I hope maybe someday another artist will pick it up and continue on.

This story's beginning is hellaaaa confusing. I'm still reading but I'm slowly losing interest and would probably skipped a lot of chapters just to finish this. LOL.
Read the full novel here https://readnovelfull.com/the-scum-villains-self-saving-system.html.

Users who are viewing this thread