Search by manga Description + Search operators :planned:

Hello, I'm an avid searcher of manga archives, and I've struggled time and time again to effectively filter the results when using the advanced search function on this website, forcing me to skim through hundreds of descriptions just to find little pieces of information information that tags can't help with.

Now, the tag inclusion/exclusion system if great, but obviously you can't possibly have a tag for every little thing, it would become a mess of ambiguity and inconsistencies; but when all you can rely on (other than outside sources) are the manga descriptions, as there is currently no way to filter based on them, it's an entirely manual labor.
So my suggestion would be to add a fourth input text field in the advanced search page, after "Manga title", "Author" and "Artist", used for searching manga by "Description", and allow some basic operators in its search queries, since descriptions are usually long paragraphs so you'll need at least some control over which terms you want to include/exclude in your filter (like Google's minus operator), and an exact-match search would also come in very handy (like Google's quotation marks).

And that's it, either way keep up the good work. 😉

Believe it or not, I had actually checked before posting, but I suppose I missed the "Description" part. 😅

Are search operators planned as well? Otherwise that will become my suggestion I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread