Searching Through Manga Magazines :planned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
I went through the "READ FIRST" thread, but I don't think this has been mentioned there.

But I think it would be great if there's an Option where one could search through Manga's Magazines.
By that, it will be easier to find the series of a specific magazine like Shounen Jump, Afternoon, Young Magazine, etc.
This can make the Manga Search much easier, especially for those who are looking for series from a particular magazine.

Double-page supporter
> Recently a few staff have said

Well, I don't remember anything and seems my google-fu isn't good enough. Just linked what I can google in a couple clicks 😎

Power Uploader
Honestly, magazine name would make a better indicator for a manga's content than the generic demographic label.

@youdontknowwho
I can say the opposite. To me, those generic ones are the better indicator because I don't know most of the publishers/magazines except for the really popular ones. Though I do think many will benefit from this.

Power Uploader
@MavB_Ver Well, you can always google the magazine to see its current roster. It will probably give you a better idea on what kind of series that magazine usually serializes. That's what I usually do when coming across a new series. Besides, the magazine name itself often tells you the demographic ("Shounen" is explanatory, "Young" is seinen, etc)

I have seen many people taken aback by CGDCT series tagged as seinen because they have the misconception that seinen manga are supposed to be mature, dark, gritty, or explicit, not knowing that it's just a demographic label and not a genre.

On the other hand, we have Attack on Titan as a shounen.

@youdontknowwho
That one extra step or two to do those researchs is exactly why I would say generic demographic labels are better, as I don't want to motivate myself for what I have little to none interest. Though, it would be another matter if they are to make pages for magazines just like what they plan to do with the artists/authors and franchises.

Power Uploader
@MavB_Ver I see. I'm the type that likes to research things. I probably spend more time looking up info on a manga than actually reading it.

Double-page supporter
@AbyssalMonkey

Interesting, I even posted in these threads... but I have no reminiscence... :/

is a Reindeer
VIP
We'll add magazines, I guess. And the date a series was published.

I love magazines like this and am always looking for platforms where I could find them. For me, it's the best way to spend my time. However, I am also into some other categories as well. For example, these are magazines about computers, magazines about science and science fiction among others. I am on the road a lot at the moment and I used to take books with me (trips were longer than now), but now I move from city to city and it takes me only a couple of hours, so I pass the time by looking at magazines. Usually before I leave I Download computers magazines, so I don't get bored and hit the road.

Contributor
^ bot ?/human ?
zKoixJq.gif

We'll add magazines, I guess. And the date a series was published.
Teasday said no to this ( if i remember correctly )

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@YumGumYum
There's a ghost in the shell 2?!
Is it good? What's it about? Tell me in general pls and thank you.

I think I remember a discussion about adding magazine origins or publishers of manga titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread